Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Continuation of yesterday's post..........

So I reminded myself what the Brooks and Dunn song, Boot Scootin Boogie," was all about. 


Now I am wondering if we are supposed to learn how to line dance to it?  Saw this video on Youtube, guess I could practice??? However discovered there must be half a dozen different dances to this song?

This one seems sort of easy, I guess?



I will say that song does remind me of "The Wanderer," by Dion



You can even line dance to it:


Does anyone do line dancing?  It looks like fun don't you think, unless you have two left feet?

Now even if you don't watch any of the other videos please watch this, they are from Malaysia of all places:



The music is sung by a great band called the Hermes House Band.  A very upbeat and fun group from the Netherlands.

8 comments:

Boopnut said...

I used to love to dance to Boot Scootin Boogie in Jazzercise! Although it wasn't line dancing, one could use the same steps to dance to it.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Well, I guess I am going to age myself here but the first line dancing I did was when I was about 12 and it was called The Stroll. My former neighbor who is in her 80's now -- you wouldn't know it -- line dances several days a week for exercise. The group from Malaysia reminds me of my daughter's high school drill team! Great fun, I would think. Lot of it done here and I was under the impression that line dancing is, or was, very popular in the UK.

Karine said...

I took line dancing classes in elementary school and they really were quite fun, although I've now forgotten most of the dances I learned!

Jackie McGuinness said...

LOVE Brooks and Dunn. I would love to try line dancing but I'm afraid I have two left feet.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Just watched all the videos. The "easy" Boot Scootin looks like even I might be able to do with a lot of practice. Loved the Country Roads dance.

EG CameraGirl said...

I used to line dance. It really is a lot of fun even for people with two left feet! (I should know!)

Shirley said...

Another two left footer that used to line dance. We even danced to Boot Scootin Boogie. Easiest if you are in the middle so every time you turn you have someone in front of you to copy if you forget the steps. Watching the videos made me miss it.

Kaisievic said...

Line Dancing was popular in OZ a few years back now but seems to have largely disappeared.

Looks like fun though.

Hugs, Kaye

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...