Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cleaning the toilet and exercising.........

Got a parcel in the mail on Friday.  I am a Bzz Agent and I am testing the One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaning System for them and that was in the parcel.


The blurb says:

"Do you hate cleaning the toilet? It can be the most disgusting task in the house. Might not be the most difficult task, but it is never ending. Wouldn’t it be nice to remove yourself from toilet-cleaning duty?


Introducing Scrubbing Bubbles® One Step toilet bowl cleaner—the toilet system that works hard to keep your toilet clean and smelling fresh so you don’t have to!


Start with a clean bowl and it will easily keep it clean with just a couple of sprays a day. The powerful cleaner tackles tough stains like toilet rings, hard water marks and lime scale – and helps keep them away.


Simply clip the nozzle over the rim inside the bowl—it securely fits all types of toilet bowls. Then effortlessly spray the bowl with the tap of the foot pedal and walk away! The 360 degree spray will cover the complete bowl, even under the rim."
 
Well I will say it was easy enough to clip onto the toilet, and it smells okay, but you do have to still clean the toilet seat, the part of the toilet that the seat sits on and outside of the toilet bowl, so it doesn't actually do away with all of the cleaning of the toilet.
 
I guess though for people who hate cleaning the toilet, it sort of helps with the cleaning?  I will let you know if I like it.  Do you mind cleaning your toilet?

Have you heard of that expression: "An elephant never forgets."  Well I must be an elephant.  Let me explain.......

Back in the early 90's I got some of Richard Simmon's exercise tapes, "Sweatin' To The Oldies."  I loved them and I used to do them all the time.  Fast forward to this year and dd mentioned she had seen a dvd set of Richard Simmons "Sweatin' To The Oldies."


The kids bought it for me for Mother's Day.  I decided to "do" the #1 dvd, and do you know what I knew all the moves, it all came back to me.  Which is actually funny as if you were to ask me what I did on Thursday I would have no idea!!!!

By the way it took me nearly as long to try and figure out how to turn on the dvd player.  Do you know we have three remote controls for the tv and dvd player?  No wonder it is so bloody complicated.

I enjoyed the dvd and was sweating like a pig doing it with Molly looking on. 

13 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Poor Molly probably assumed you have a rash. It's all a matter of perspective! ~Liz

JohnD said...

3 Remotes? You are lucky - we need 4 - the fourth is for the 'set top box' to convert analogue signal to digital signal! lol

Angela said...

I get quite enough exercise cleaning the toilet, without sweating along to a DVD.
btw In Canada, do you have these bizarre things like fruit pastilles which cling to the toilet bowl and allegedly clean iT?

blessings - from your 56-year-old friend in Leicestershire!

Boopnut said...

I hate cleaning the toilet, so I will still try the clipons. As for the DVD, good score! I saw Richard once, and he was a hoot!

Jane and Chris said...

Saw the post title and thought I would overlook it!!
But here I am. I do not like any form of housework, but it has to be done. I had the video...it was so much fun and it is the only "workout' that I HAVE ever enjoyed. The cats woul sit and stare at me.
Jane x

Rose said...

Molly probably thought you were crazy.

I think we almost all of us have the memory problems...to sit here and tell you where the keys are on the keyboard...I can't just do it. but sit down to type and my fingers know...

I don't hate cleaning the toilet bowl...just don't really like housework in general. Simply because you can't do it and walk away and it be done for a few days...you get up and start the same old stuff every day...or else should. I happen to ignor a lot of it, but dishes and cooking never ends.

Scrappy quilter said...

I remember Richard Simmons. Never tried his excersise plans though. C and me walk everyday and that's all the excersise I get, although we do walk 2.76 miles a day. Hugs

~Carla~ said...

Richard Simmons is hilarious! lol!bmy mom did those when I was a kid! :)

Karine said...

I've seen ads for scrubbing bubbles, I wouldn't be able to give it a try though, I don't dare leave any cleaning mechanism in the toilet just in case I or my Sweetheart forget to close the lid and a cat gets curious about the cleaner! She already got Lysol on her paws once and then licked them and was hypersalivating for a week, I felt horrible about it!

Stella Jones said...

ha ha ha I can just imagine you doing those exercises after all this time. You didn't say if they were easy or not? You said you were sweating - is that because you are unfit? overweight? out of practise? I think if I did some exercises from long ago, I would definitely notice the difference.
We have lots of remotes too. What a pain they are!

angela said...

I remember richard! I used to love jazasize.
I dont mind cleaning the loo, its just one of those jobs. if you do it regularly it isnt too bad. we call the remotes god, because they controlle everything haha

Boyett-Brinkley said...

If there are two comments from me -- just delete one of them because I think I did it wrong. Anyway, I had those same tapes and the DVD! I even had the deal a meal wallet thingy -- it didn't work. I don't hate cleaning the toilet but I don't like it mostly because bum knees make it hard for me to get down and clean the underneath of the thing. Yep, we have three remotes as well -- I think it is a law enacted by the North American Television Police or something. I am fine unless I push the wrong button and everything goes wonky and I have to get the Hubs to fix it. Sometimes I think it was better when we had just three channels but I know better than that!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

hahahah...and just think, Richard Simmons is still going strong, but then again so is Jane Fonda !

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...