Monday, September 12, 2011

What happened to the weekend?

It went by pretty fast.  Did it for you?

Saturday I kept my word and didn't leave the property.  Not that I didn't do anything, I was busy but a good busy around the house.  Even managed to get some of the grass cut.  Mind you between me and you I think my neighbours are dropping off their laundry at our house, as I have done a heck of a pile this weekend!!

On Sunday we had a day in Barrie running errands.  Mind you it was one of those days when all I could do was sigh about the service we got.

Went to "Timmies," and was served by a young kid who I managed to confuse.  Why, well the bill came to $5.47, so I gave him $7.02, as I thought it was easier........I often do that in stores, not sure why I bother as it just confuses the heck out of people.  By the way I knew the change would be $1.55, so a loonie, two quarters and a nickel..........as if I gave him a straight $7 (I had no loonies) it would have meant $1.53 in change, so a loonie, two quarters and three pennies..........

Went to all three hardware stores, Rona, Lowes and Home Depot.  Now I don't claim to know a lot about DIY, but I know a little.  In one store I looked like a bloody genius compared to their plumbing "expert!"  I walked away after the conversation with the guy just shaking my head.

We then went to the Mall and I actually did a little clothes shopping.  I rarely go clothes shopping, but got myself a nice skirt and top in Sears and a new bra.  For the men out there, you may not want to read the next little bit unless you normally wear a bra?  Then read away.

I decided I had better get measured for one, so she made me take off my top.  She then went to get a bra and walked into the change room and told me to take off my bra with her in there.  Sort of paused for a few seconds thinking is this normal, then remembered I had, had kids so nothing in this world is private anymore and got on with it!!!

I then went in my favourite store HomeSense (HomeGoods in the States) and picked up a few things.  I love that store, always find something I need want.

By the time we got home, six hours had passed by.  Time seems to be flying by at the moment, is it with you?

6 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Yes it is! I think that is because we have so much to do!
Jane x

Piece by Piece said...

My weekend went by much too fast also.
On Friday I had to top up my car's gas, to the station I went, it was manned by two teenage boys. "Fill it up and check my oil, please".
One boy started the pump, the other open the hood and OMG,opened the lid to the spot where you add oil. "No, its on the side, NO NOT THERE, down there", getting louder and louder as I spoke.
Finally the other boy came by and found the oil stick.
The oil level was OK and from now on I will do the checking.
Why are untrained staff left to run these businesses? I know, $$$$$, student rate of pay is cheaper.
I feel better now that's off my chest.
Patricia

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Yes! The weekend is gone and the only thing I can remember doing is washing sheets! It seems like the older I get the fast time goes and somehow that just doesn't seem fair!

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonder if it's the same hardware store we have trouble with too, at least in Manitoba. I agree about service these days...it mostly stinks!!! Hope you week is a good one. Hugs

Rose said...

And I think you must have popped by my house and left some of their laundry here...LOL I just did three loads today...actually just hung out my third load but with the way the first two dried, I think they will dry quickly.

The weekend did fly by here too...

~Carla~ said...

I'm forever telling the cashiers what my change should be too! Usually only ever the younger ones though... lol!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...