Monday, September 26, 2011

Some quilts from the Great Northern Exhibition...

As always there were some beautiful quilts on display at the show.  I loved the movement in this quilt and the colours.

This reminded me of the scrap quilt that I have to finish off, my goal is to have it quilted before the end of year....we'll see!!
This is one of the major winners, can't say I love this one, but it is nice........
This is the English paper piecing that I do with all the tiny hexagons.  I was so impressed with this one and the amount of work that went into it.
These are quilt blocks done by various people that had to have the theme "Country Roots and Cowboy Boots."  You are given three pieces of material, that has to be included in the quilt bock and you then let your creativity go wild.  I must admit, I didn't think the first prize winner was that exciting; there were better squares in my opinion.

Must admit though I do enjoy looking at everyone's work.

Sunday was a gorgeous day weather wise.  I spent most of the day outside in the garden.  Dug up my potatoes and was surprised at how many were in the ground, considering I had not weeded all year.  I also trimmed the willow trees and some other trees and had a fire on the firepit.

As I am writing this on Sunday night I have to say I am pooped with all the work done in the garden and my back is paying the price. 

Just to let you know I am going to be crazy busy this week, so may not get around to visiting your blogs, but will be posting as normal.

10 comments:

Janet said...

That`s the one thing I would like to have the time and the patience for is make my own quilt ! thought they were all gorgeous !

Mrs Bent said...

i love quilts and always admire the fairs that you have in Canada and US, I love some of the squares in the last picture so creative, and good luck with your quilt x

Kaisievic said...

Thanks for sharing the quilts with us all - they are beautiful. I especially liked all of the different blocks at the end.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Jane and Chris said...

So you can sew, eh? You just know I am going to ask you to teach me!
Jane x

Rose said...

From what I can see, I agree with you about the country roots and cowboy boots...looks like there are others I like a lot more. Not that the one chosen isn't pretty....

I also love that weaver fever one--that is the first one. And wow, that hexagone one...can you just imagine how many hexagons were cut? There is a lot of work in that one. And it is beautiful.

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the quilts. Hugs

Karine said...

I think the big winner quilt is my favorite! The weather was lovely here all weekend too, although I didn't get out to enjoy it yesterday. Today is gorgeous though and I got a nice walk in at lunch.

EG CameraGirl said...

I love how quilters play with colour!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gorgeous quilts! I especially like the English paper pieced one. I am working on some hexies for a while and have quite a few, just not sure how I want to put them together yet! Great post!

jabblog said...

Lovely quilts. I liked the English paper piecing one best - it was delicate and pretty.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...