Friday, September 16, 2011

House and cottage of the week, plus other stuff..

This week's house/condo of the week is just plain awful.  I can normally find something I like about a place, but honestly this condo is just plain awful, right down to the way it is all decorated, and it has just had $300,000 spent on it........where?  I guess if you want to be downtown it has the convenience factor but otherwise, I wouldn't give you $100,000 for it, never mind 1 million!!!


The cottage of the week, well there wasn't one, they did an "office space," instead.  I personally would find it hard to work in a space like that, as it is too "pretty."  Also that space is way too tidy for any real work to get done, don't you think.  Then in the summer how much work would you get done with a deck just outside the door?

***Deal Alert*** If you are in Canada and happen to be passing Canadian Tire they have a KitchenAid 2-quart saucepan on sale for $8.89, should be $39.99, it is worth every penny.  I have one and it is a great size to have in the house.  It's on sale from Friday through to Sunday and there is also a scratch and win  the same days, where you can win  a McCain frozen cake, or a $5 money off coupon, or a $5,000 gift card for Canadian Tire.  I would be happy to win the $5 off card.  I will be popping in as cling wrap, aluminum foil, magic eraser's and a few other things are all on sale for 89 cents each.  Plus it's 10 x the bonus points for gas with the coupon this week as well at the Canadian Tire gas bar.

We went to the market again on Thursday and walked away with 12 bags of rolls for the freezer.  More leeks, carrots, parsnips and broccoli.  Also 7 white pine trees and we bought a gorgeous turn of the century chest of drawers with a mirror on the top from the antique market.  I will take a photo when we get it cleaned up.  Dh said as soon as I saw it my face just lit up, and he knew I wanted it.  Also the guy that owned the booth happened to be there and knocked $35 off of it, so that was nice of him.

As far as I know I have emailed everyone who requested the crockpot recipe book.  If I have missed you please let me know?  I am hoping to get caught up with everyones blogs over the weekend.  It's been a very busy week again around here.

13 comments:

Mrs Bent said...

Hi Gill,
Thank you so much for the recipe booklet you sent me x

Anonymous said...

i sent a request for the booklet but did not receive it. my email address is carol@dreamspin.com

thank you for your interesting tips.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Carol @ dreamspin, if you could send me your personal email address, not your work one that would be great, as Dreamspin is a webdesign company, and I do not send requests to company email addresses,

Sorry,

Gill

Jane and Chris said...

The condo looks like a pimps palace, the office space...well it is Queen West dahhhhhhling!
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I agree with Jane -- the condo looks a bit uh -- "business like"! I really like your posts about the real estate -- -- I love looking at properties in other places! I wish we had a Canadian Tire in Texas -- looks like that have really good deals.

Anonymous said...

Would you please send a copy of the recipe booklet to me as well.
My e-mail is: cassagena@yahoo.ca

Thanks,
Judy

Karine said...

I agree with you about the condo, it doesn't have a homey feel at all...

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm heading to Cdn. Tire this weekend too. I'd love to win the $5,000, would you? They always have such great deals. Have a great day. Hugs

~Carla~ said...

I think I'll pass on the condo this week... I much prefer homes with character & history! Can't wait to see your new chest of drawers! :)

Scrappy quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stella Jones said...

That condo is very masculine in its style, isn't it. Too many sharp angles for me, I'm afraid. However, for two newlyweds who live in the city and want something easy to maintain, it's very nice. It is, however, extremely costly.

DeniseinVA said...

Had a good time catching up on all your posts today. Not too keen on that place either. Maybe it was a bachelor pad, can't see any wifely touches there somehow. I saw the recipe you posted a few posts back. Looks fantastic and I will be making it for our English guest who is turning up in just over a week's time.

Sue Sharp said...

Please could I have a copy of the recipe booklet?

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...