Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thrifty Thursday........

I wanted this week to revisit some of the posts from 2008 that I had done on saving money.

This first post also includes a link to a quiz to see how financially fit you are.

This second post was written back in 2008 and I still haven't achieved everything......however the points are all still applicable....

I did a couple of posts on saving money on your food bill.  Part 1 is here and Part 2 is here.

Another post on a simple way to save money here

For more Thrifty Thursday posts, pop by Angela's at Tracing Rainbows......

2 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I enjoyed your posts on thrifty living... and am amazed that your cupboards are so organized! :)

I heartily agree in living within one's means and planning for the future by saving.

Rose said...

I have been reading all the links you gave...I really need to start making a weekly menu....that would help so much.

I save all change...and Roger gives me his. Sometimes we will get quarters to wash the car, but I never touch dimes...my mom always saved dimes and I have to ever since I have been married.

I bought the kids swingset with dimes...and believe me I was glad I had them.

Can't remember when I started saving change, but it has paid for living room couch, a big chunk of cash for some 'toy' my husband wanted...

The only thing now is I give quite a bit to my granddaughter for her to feed the piggy!

One thing with us, we are spoiled to living close to a walmart...we have a local grocer and between it and walmart can do pretty good...I think I would waste more money on gas than I would save if we went to a bigger city.

Anyway, enjoyed these posts...even if it did take me all day. I was busy with other stuff and would just read one in passing.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...