Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Molly, the dog with a sandpaper fetish and all sorts of stuff for today......

Molly has now got a sandpaper fetish.  She is forever going down the basement and dragging up pieces of used sandpaper from the garbage bag down there?  She even takes it to bed with her?  Don't suppose anyone has any ideas why?  Such a strange doggie!!

A friend sent me this in an email:

The Talking Centipede


A single guy decided life would be more fun


If he had a pet. So he went to the pet store


And told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet.




After some discussion, he


Finally bought a talking centipede,


(100-legged critter), which came in a little white box


To use for his house.


He took the box back home, found


A good spot for the box, and decided he would start off


By taking his new pet to Church with him.


So he asked the centipede in the box,


"Would you like to go to Church with me today?


We will have a good time."


But there was no answer from his new pet.


This bothered him a bit, but he waited a few minutes and


Then asked again, "How about going to Church with me


And receive blessings?"


But again, there was no answer from


His new friend and pet.so he waited a few minutes more,


Thinking about the situation.


The Guy decided to invite the centipede one last time.


This time he put his face up against the


Centipede's' house and shouted,


"Hey, in there! Would you like to go to


Church with me and learn about God?"


...


YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS ....


This time, a little voice came out of the box,


"I heard you the first time!


I'm putting my shoes on!"

We have booked a tour with this lady in November: http://tastytourstoronto.com/ so looking forward to it.  I will let you know how we like it after the tour.  Check out the link as it does look yummy good.




12 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

If she likes to chew/lick as well it is called 'pica'. It is an animal way of coping in a people world. One of our cats (no longer with us) had a fetish for cotton wool, one we have now loves plastic , one of them goes loopy over the smell of bleach!!
Jane x

Mrs Bent said...

sandpaper how bizzare... although my dog likes to hoard all of the Christmas wrapping paper behind the sofa every year

Jackie McGuinness said...

Thanks, Gill for that tasty tour tip off!!! I will definitely be signing up for this!!!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

My cat, who has gone on to live with another family, loved plastic bags -- quite a trial since it can be so dangerous for them to swallow the plastic -- started my mission to de-plasticize my house. Sounds like Molly might be using this to cope with her itchiness. Hope she is better and that she doesn't develop a permanent taste for sandpaper!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Good morning, Gill, hope you are enjoying the abundance of sunshine down your way .... just a quick note to ask if you ever check your facebook messages, as I have left you a couple and would love to hear back from you !!! Be good, or be bad and have a good time whilst you are doing it !

Karine said...

Sometimes animals just love strange things! One of my cats (Magique) love to lick plastic bags, as did my first cat Cinnamon.

That sure sounds like a tasty tour!!!

Kim said...

To scratch her itchy spots? I dunno :) Cute joke though

MyBulletinBoard said...

Check the "ingredients" for something she may be deficient in? You know, like, expectant moms eat dirt because they have an iron shortage???? Beats me.

Rose said...

No idea about the sandpaper...does she chew it, lick it, or anything...or just take it with her.

If it helps, I have a kitty that goes down in our basement and brings up all kinds of things...and cries to pitifully.

As for my older daughter...she came home last Christmas, then in April, and will be home for Christmas again. Since being out there, she has had surgery on her finger she broke during the training last year...she has had kidney stones...when things like that happen, that is when I really hate being so far away.

Stella Jones said...

Since it happens to so many pets, I suppose we can call it normal. I've never heard of the sandpaper fetish before though.
My American cat Millie has a secret stache of trash that she just loves to drag into the apartment almost every day. It is grey and looks like wadding or roof lining or something. I have no idea where she gets it from, but she seems to have an endless supply and has had for five years now!
I would love to get a tracking device and find out where she goes!
Dear Mollie, she is so sweet.

JudiB said...

Oh Molly..what next..lol. Not to worry..Kally likes socks. Wish it was sandpaper instead. Weird how they go for different things. Have fun..I don't think she will let up as long as she can find it. Keeps life interesting doesn't it..lol
Nice to get a few more goodies out of the garden. I am still getting tomatoes. No frost coming so hopefully can get the last of them before the next cold patch.

Judi B.

fizzycat said...

Aw the centipede story is cute!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...