Friday, September 30, 2011

This weeks home of the week.....

This one is a "starter home" in a very pricey part of the city and its only $1.4 million, enjoy!!  All I could think about was they have taken out every single piece of character from the old home and stuck some awful stuff in there instead, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?????


Rosedale is in a very lovely area, with a lot of older homes.  However as a lot of the older homes are not big enough by today's standards people buy the lots, knock down the old homes and build modern monstrosities in their place.


Can't believe we are already at the end of September where has the month gone too?  The count down to dd wedding is on, 5 weeks tomorrow on November 5th is the big day, so it is going to be a crazy busy 5 weeks trying to get everything done in time.

I finally made a start on decorating the hall, stairs and landing.  Got the ceilings all primed.  I have had the paint for months, so of course this is a last minute job!!!  I don't normally procrastinate but I have done this time.

After supper on Thursday I also primed the laundry room walls.  What a difference as we had put up the blue drywall, so it was quite dark in there, but priming the walls white has really brightened up the room.  So I think I need to keep it in a lighter shade when I do paint the walls, I am thinking of a white with a hint of colour in it like one of these shades.    I like Sico paint from Rona, and have been using it for years with a lot of success.

I forgot to ask is anyone putting money away every day to pay for the celebration food over the Christmas holidays?  I am up to $14 as I am emptying my purse of change when ever I have some change in there.

8 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

I like the colour scheme of the downstairs.....but nothing else.
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Ok, about the house. The exterior is gorgeous and I would like to live there. The inside is gorgeous -- definitely high end and tastefully done. Together? Yeah, not so much -- I would have rather seen more of the original architecture maintained and modernized around it. That is an awfully expensive "starter" home.

I have been saving change for a while now. I have a jar for each denomination and I have thrown some random dollars in with the quarters. Last count I had almost $30. I don't know what it will go for, if anything, it might just sit there and grow in my pantry!

Bean said...

A cold and sterile house. It would appear that children live in the home, there were pictures of children's bedrooms, but what kind of existence would a child have in such a sterile environment. I cannot imagine much finger painting, playdough, coloring, "helping" in the kitchen type of activities go on there.

I like the idea of putting back spare change for Christmas food shopping, I will start doing this, thank you for the tip.

I am baking christmas cakes today, we too are from England, but now live in Indiana. I am making the cakes about a month earlier than usual as we will celebrate Christmas at the end of November before my parents leave for Florida for the winter. I give a cake to my parents, and one to each of my sisters and keep one for us. We no longer do the marzipan and royal icing, but all of us love the fruit cake and ration it out so that it lasts as long as possible!
What part of England are you from? We came from Great Barton, near Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk, my parents are originally from Kent. My father brought the family to the US in 1978.
Have fun with your painting.

Karine said...

I find that hosue kind of pricey for what it is, but when it's in a charming area, you often pay for being in that charming area and up goes the price of the house!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Bean -- I agree totally. My house was always "child friendly" and still is -- wouldn't have it any other way!

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: thank your for your post and the rest. you know..

The Witch said...

Gill,
Love when you do this "Home of the week"
One of the biggest reasons we left Ontario was I was afraid we would never be able to afford a house.
I've never looked backed!!!!!
Thanks for the reminder.

Rose said...

I would have loved to see the original look of that place...I bet it was wonderful before.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...