Sunday, September 4, 2011

My deals for the week.....

My best deal for the week was at No Frills and I got a 7lb piece of Beef.  I did rotate the photo but it rotated back on me?

I must admit it didn't look too good in the packaging, but when I took it out and split the meat into three roasts it was a good looking piece of meat.  I could have cut it into four pieces but decided three was good.  So for $14.00 we will have multiple meals.  I haven't seen beef for just under $2 a pound in a long while.  Of course I will make my Cola Beef in the slow cooker with these roasts as it makes it so tender.  Here is a link to the Yorkshire Pudding recipe......

My other good deal this week was at Shopper's Drug Mart.  They had a 20 x the points day on Saturday and there was enough on sale to justify me shopping there.  I had coupons for Old Spice Antiperspirant saving $3 when you bought two, as they were on sale for 2 for $5 I got them at $1 each.    I stocked up on butter also on sale for $2.99 per pound and stuck them in the freezer for later use.  They also had eggs on sale for $1.99 per dozen, that's the cheapest I can get them here.

I managed to get 20,350 points today at Shopper's and now have enough points to cash in for $100 worth of free product on bonus redemption days.  I am saving my points though for Christmas.  I also used $22 in coupons at Shopper's and at No Frills I used $3.65 in coupons. 

I know that you guys in the States have a lot better deals and better coupons.  What are/were your best deals in the grocery stores this week?

8 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I love to read about your deals - they sound so good.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Actually, I don't know that we have any better deals. When the kids were little I made a game of having a coupon for everything in my basket and tried to couple them with things on sale. I haven't done much of that lately but am going to start again. Most of my grocery coupons go to my daughter but I hold back a few and plan to ease back into couponning. It seems our drug stores have better deals, sometimes, than the grocery stores. We have taken to buying some of our meat at Sam's which is a big warehouse store if you aren't familiar. We can get beef tenderloin MUCH cheaper than at a grocery store.

~Carla~ said...

Great buys!! :) I bought a little gardening shovel at Canadian Tire last night for $6 & change, 61% off! :)

Caroline said...

We don't have coupons here in Australia but the other day I bought certified organic butter for $1.50 a pat reduced from $5.50. I bought the whole 30 pats of butter they had & got a funny look at the check out.

I have put it in the freezer and it will last us a good while. It is the yummiest creamiest butter.
Caroline

Scrappy quilter said...

Great deals. Shopper's doesn't have the good deals here you guys get there. I'm also trying to buy as much organic as possible which they don't sell much of. Hugs

DeniseinVA said...

I didn't do a lot of grocery shopping this week but I enjoyed hearing about your deals.

DeniseinVA said...

I didn't do a lot of grocery shopping this week but I enjoyed hearing about your deals.

Rose said...

I know some people do good with coupons, but I just don't get many for the things I actually use. But I love hearing about your deals.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...