Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trip to the dentist and a gorgeous sunset........

Tuesday was a busy day, and a lovely day.  Had to go to the dentist and get the permanent filling put in, which cost another $40; that was 20% of the total bill, the insurance pays the other 80%.  I am back at the dentist at the end of the month, for my six month cleaning.  While there I need to have my bottom tooth x-rayed as I have a feeling that tooth is not at all well............

In the afternoon I cut some more grass, then after supper cut more.  The field is now half cut.  The sun was setting when I was cutting the grass and the sky was just gorgeous, so I ran inside and grabbed the camera and took these photos.



Talked with the post office again and told my story.  What good it will do, who knows.  The lady did confirm though that a number of people on the same rural route as me have been complaining.  So all I can do is wait and see what happens.

7 comments:

Stella Jones said...

Hello Gill, I love your pictures of the sunset - well worth taking the pictures. Is that you house? It does look lonely in the pictures. I mean that in a nice way. Living here, in the town, surrounded by neighbours, I can't help wondering what it would be like to live in seclusion, like you do.
Glad you've got one of your teeth fixed. Like you, I recently had a tooth fixed and before I left, the dentist pointed to the one next door to it and said 'we'll keep an eye on that one!' Needless to say, my heart sank...
Just have to take one day at a time.
Blessings, Star

Leiani said...

That is the most gorgeous sunset I've ever seen. It must have been amazing to be standing there with it all around you. Great photography!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What brilliant and lovely pictures Gill!

I hope it all goes okay with the mail-carrier--I'd hate for her to "go postal" on everyone and do something to retaliate like decide to not deliver the mail...Oh wait, she's doing that anyway! :-))) Seriously, I hope she takes this as a warning and starts to do her job.

MyBulletinBoard said...

Oh, Gill, what a gorgeous sky!!! Hope the tooth business works out well. I don't know what to do about mine. Just about ready to say pull them, and I won't have to mess with them again!!

Piece by Piece said...

Beautiful sunset photo's, it was lovely wasn't it, I took some pictures too, however, living in a small city a lot of buildings, wires etc, spoil the view.
Patricia

DeniseinVA said...

Glad you took those photos for us. Such pretty skies with those soft pinks and blues.

Happy to hear your trip to the dentist went okay.

Stephanie V said...

That is one amazing sky. Such beautiful colors. And the lone house on the hill seems to emphasize the beauty.

Glad to hear that you've finished with that tooth. Hope the X-ray shows nothing serious.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...