Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thank goodness for Dh.......

Our washer drains into a sink which then drains into a pump which then pumps the water up to the septic/sewer line and out into the spetic bed.  On Wednesday I was doing laundry and when I went down to the basement to get it out of the washer, I found water everywhere on the floor.  I figured that the hose had come loose.

On Friday did more laundry and the same thing happened; so this time figured that maybe the bottom of the washer had rotted out.  Anyway did another load and discovered the pump wasn't working; instead of pumping the water up to the septic pipe it was just pouring out the pump all over the floor.  What a flipping mess.

Anyway my dear dh came home and stripped it down and repaired it, and now it is working fine!!  So that saved us $300 thank goodness.

I went to get the mail from the mail box and it was full of mail on Friday.  Unfortunately at least six pieces of mail was for other people at other addresses!!!  To cut a long story short I got the phone number of a "higher up" individual and they are going to see what's what.  I told them I am fed up of the situation and they are not to use my name............so we'll see what happens.

Friday's sunset........pretty nice eh!

9 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Good for your DH! Every bit he saves on pumps ans washers puts you that much ahead at the vet. It must have something to do with a Murphy's law.

Liz, The Republic

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello Gill!! I'm catching up on your blog, and have once again enjoyed my visit--I'm glad Molly is doing well, and I hope you have a good weekend!! ~Stay warm!~

Karine said...

How wonderful that dh was able to fix the problem with the pump!

That sunset is absolutely stunning, thanks for sharing it with us!

Shammickite said...

If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!

Lib said...

Good for your DH :o)
Love the pix.
Have agreat wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

Piece by Piece said...

If its not one thing its another isn't it?
Your DH is one handy guy to have around, jack of all trades. Pity he's not a vet too.
Lovely sunset.
Thanks for sharing it.
Patricia

Kim said...

Gil the CSN Stores just emailed me one day and asked if I wanted to do a review or a giveaway - I have done 3 so far. I got a large tote bag & leather purse the first time, a toaster oven (I added money to the GC they gave me) the 2nd and this time I just ordered a Rachel Ray cast iron skillet. I can't wait to get it - I have wanted a cast iron pan for ages. CSN stores say they will contact me every 3 months or so to do a review - I say no problem - I like free stuff - this time I was given a $65 GC but then they also covered the international fees - so about $78 for nothing more than a blog post.

Here is a link to my pan:

http://www.csnstores.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=RRY1191

MyBulletinBoard said...

Wish we could get Heinz baked beans here. Do they sell them in the squatty glass jar up there? We found a cheap generic canned variety at the grocery store (not Wally's) that the kids really like. I don't even have to doctor it up. Was really surprised. ~Liz

Stephanie V said...

Oh, yuck! I have horrible memories of flooding in our basement. Came from above right into my sewing room. Thanks goodness for handy hubbies.
Good luck with Canada Post...things are heating up, it sounds.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...