Monday, October 25, 2010

It was a real pea souper on Sunday......

Very British like with fog through out the day on Sunday.  I guess it was better than snow, at least you don't have to shovel fog.

Here is a photo of the material I bought.  Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, as I am busy with a cross stitch project.


I had a go with the stamping and it's a lot harder than it looks.  The flower to the right is the one the lady at the show did for me.  I did the two on the left, I need to practice more.  Also blogger turned my photo around?  Why I do not know.........

Sunday was a super quiet day, which suited me just fine.  Made a roast of beef in the crockpot.  The recipe is here, and in my humble opinion is the only way to cook beef.   I made enough potatoes for another meal, all I need to add is some veggies.

If you haven't already and live in Canada or the States, please enter my giveaway by leaving a comment on this post


9 comments:

JohnD said...

The roast beef sounds nice = must try it. Don't know if we would eat a tray of Y/Puds all at once - do they 'keep' and, if so, what's your recommendation on 'keeping' method.

Valerie said...

Blogger occasionally turns my photographs round. I wondered if I turned them sideways Blogger would straighten them, but I doubt it. I like the material and your first attempt at rubber stamping was much better than mine.

Lakeland Jo said...

I love beef roasted in crock pot- it sounds very nice. When I finally get my appetite back I will try it. Good luck with all the crafty stuff- it makes me hyper ventilate just looking at it.I am so woeful at endeavour- motor skills not very good. Should see the ugliness I create with scissors. LOL

Daxingcujo said...

Never tried roasts with cola...sounds interesting and yummy ( thank you too for the yorkie recipe had them once would love to try to make them! Only 2 of us here, do they keep?)
I am clueless on the phots ( the ones that turn on you) ...your attempt at stampng looks great I am sure with a few more tries you will have it going beatifully!

Gill - That British Woman said...

In answer to John's and Daxingcujo's questions:

When I make roast beef and yorkshires, there is usually enough for a couple of days meals, so I just reheat them in the microwave. I have never attempted to freeze them, but as you can buy frozen yorkshires, I am guessing you should be able to freeze them no problem.

Quite often though, if I make roast beef and yorkshires, the yorkshires will be our "potatoes" so we'll have three of them each instead of potatoes.

Gill

Stephanie V said...

I love the fabrics in your future quilt. Such bright, warm colors will get you through the fog safely. And warm you when the snow flies.

Tracey said...

What gorgeous material.. And i could smell your roast beef cooking over here inn England and those yorkies too. heheh

Jim said...

Hi Gill, I have 'seen' you often on John's (Going Gently) blog. Thanks for dropping by by blog.
I absolutely LOVE beef and Yorkshire Pudding! Haven't had it in a while.....thanks for the inspiration!
Jim

Leiani said...

I love the material you bought. It's the sort I would use to make some classic old-style clothes for Charlie if I had a working sewing machine. And more time! LOL

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...