Friday, August 13, 2010

I saw this one Facebook and thought it was lovely........

I loved you the minute I knew I was pregnant, I loved you the minute you were born. Then I saw your face and fell in love some more. You were only a minute old but I knew I would die for you, & to this day I still would.♥When you choose to have a child you make a conscious decision to allow your heart to walk around outside your body ♥

Here is a link to the last house we owned in Britain, it's up for sale.  It has changed quite a bit since we owned it. Our first house was four doors up from this house, and believe me we didn't pay anywhere near as much as these guys are wanting for their house.  Mind you that was 28 years ago, so prices have changed a little bit!!  Our house had the bathroom and a third bedroom on the attic level.

7 comments:

that british woman s brother said...

here's a good one for you our gill your old house on pembroke street.
the people who are selling that are one of the ones interested in buying our house ( cue twilight zone music )...

Unknown said...

I loved that too, I saw it, was it on Mollye's page, the lady who has just lost her son? It is beautiful isn't it.
Our hose that we lived in is up for sale too, it was only two years since we left, and it feels rather strange seeing it for sale again. I still think its mine. susie xxx

MyBulletinBoard said...

What a charming house! Not much grass to cut, either . . . . Take it easy.

Liz, The Republic

Niki said...

I can't get over the price of real estate in the UK.

I enjoy the LocationLocation and Relocation Relocation etc. shows on tv but the prices blow my mind....is the income alot higher there?? What's the deal? I can't imagine the average income earner being able to afford these homes....

Stella Jones said...

The house is beautiful. A real Victorian dream house. I love it. I miss my house here so much when I am in America. I never knew I could be so attached to bricks and mortar or perhaps it's what is inside the four walls.... It must tug on your heart strings a little bit, doesn't it? Beans on toast by the fireside on a rainy Saturday afternoon? eh eh?? Here's the hankie....!
Blessings, Star

Karine said...

I love the poem you posted Gill.I'm such a worrier, I'm sure I don't know what I'll be like when I have children and they start being old enough to go places on their own! Ugh and the drivers' licences! But that's a very long way off, for now my children are only twinkles in my eyes lol

As for your house, it's adorable! But yeah, what a price tag!!! That's nuts!My parents last house together was a huge four bedroom2+1 bathroom with some serious square footage(the living and dining room are about the size of my entire apartment now)and a pretty big property and it sold for 350k when we moved out of there in 2004

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Hilary Smith

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...