Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Music Concerts

Over the years we have seen a number of musical acts in concert in Toronto.  Toronto is just "down the road" (1 1/2 hours) from where we live and a large city so all the big musical acts perform there.

However we haven't been to any recently because we can never get tickets.  Adele was here last year; tickets sold out before we could get through, Lady Gaga is coming, again tickets all sold out right away.........BUT.....go back a few days later and you can get tickets but at super inflated prices, from people reselling them.  A couple of "good" seats, not the best seats by any means but good ones are priced at over $2,000 each, who can afford prices like that?  The "nose bleed" seats were heading towards the $200 mark.  We saw a Shania Twain concert in "nose bleed" seats and swore never to sit in those seats again as they are too far back.

So I guess I will have to make do with Youtube videos.  Oh and the reason I wanted to see Lady Gaga is that I would bet she puts on a great show with all the dancers and costume changes etc?  Some of her music is not to my taste, some of it is; overall though I know she puts her heart and soul into her stage performances.

Here is one of my favourite Lady Gaga songs:




and another one:


4 comments:

Maggie said...

I recently tried all morning to get tickets for Ed Sheeran, as soon as the website went live at 10am they were sold out, i tried other sites and they were the same, tickets were being sold at inflated prices soon afterwards, £70 tickets advertised for over £600.
I wanted to see him but dont like him that much, lol.

There should be some way to stop these ticket touts doing this sort of thing, it makes me so angry. Better still if people didn't buy the inflated priced tickets they would be left with them all and it would serve them right! Rant over :-)

Jane said...

I know what you mean! I have the same issue here in London. And it's so stressful trying to get tickets. Last year I managed to snag two tickets for The Tragically Hips' last concert but I was on 3 devices at the same time and had to keep re-logging in over and over again!

William Kendall said...

She certainly is a character. I don't really go for her music, but I liked her duets album with Tony Bennett.

Karen said...

Her blues and jazz pieces are fantastic. YouTube her with Tony Bennett!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...