Monday, February 20, 2017

Been Busy.......

I have been busy decorating our bedroom.  Funny thing is dh walked in as I was painting and said it doesn't look any different colour wise to what it was.  My response was good, then if I have missed anything  you won't notice.  I painted it a pale cream/beige colour.  The biggest change is all the trim.  They were also painted cream by the builder, now they are a bright white.  Trim to my mind shouldn't be any other colour than white.  It makes the wall colours pop.

Someone else in blogland was also decorating and they were saying how much harder it is to decorate the older you get.  I have to agree.  I had been picking away at the trim all the week, so all I had to do on the weekend was paint the walls twice and paint the window trim and a little bit of the skirting/baseboard.  I managed to get one coat of paint on the window and baseboard trim, and one and a half coats of paint on the walls on Saturday.  I finished the walls and trim on Sunday.  I was so tired and my back and hands were hurting so much on Saturday, that I knew I couldn't finish it all on Saturday.

Fortunately I am still at a stage with my back that a good nights sleep cures the aches with my back and as long as I wear my braces on my hands through the nights they too recover,  and on I go the next day.

So we have had three nights sleeping in the spare bedroom which is in the basement.  We have large windows in both the bedroom and family room, so although not the brightest of rooms, they are not too dark.  I must say I am looking forward to being back in our own bed, as I had  a duvet and a bedspread on the spare bed, which is much too hot for me.  Dh loved it and was as warm as toast.......me, I sweated like a crazy person.

So all I have to paint now is the spare bedroom.  Luckily I am not at this stage:

Do you enjoy decorating the rooms in your home?

8 comments:

Betsy said...

I had so many plans for this winter. I was going to do some painting and some major decluttering. Unfortunately, life hasn't cooperated. I've been down in bed almost continuously since 1 November when I had a spinal tap that didn't go well. Oh well, onwards and upwards. Someday it will get done. Meanwhile it's nice to see how much you're getting done. And I feel the same about trim...bright white is perfect. Blessings, Betsy

Anonymous said...

Hate painting! Good for you, getting all that done!

Winifred said...

You're right about it getting harder to decorate the older you get. When I was young(er)I could paint the ceiling and give the living room or bedrooms a couple of coats of emulsion in a day. My husband has always done the gloss and painted the doors & skirting boards thankfully. Now it takes me a day to do the ceiling and a couple of days to do the walls. I have to keep stopping. Just haven't got the stamina & my legs kill me climbing up & down the steps.
The last time I painted the bathroom (about 18 months ago) and balanced on the bath sides to paint the ceiling I decided it was the last time I was going to do it. My balance isn't as good as it used to be. So I'm just going to have to find a painter!
Getting old has very little to recommend it.

Rose said...

I love that cartoon--fits me to a 't.' I am 60 and it is definitely harder to do things.

mamasmercantile said...

I am looking forward to decorating and planning my new home.

Evelyn said...

there is nothing worse then getting over heated at night!

Maggie said...

Like you I find that it takes longer no i'm older, lol
I used to be able to just keep going until it was finished, no now.

Do I enjoy decorating? well, i enjoy the finished product, and i don't mind the painting I don't like all the prep work.

William Kendall said...

Painting, admittedly, can feel tedious at times.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...