Friday, June 21, 2013

Saga of the car continues........

As of Thursday night the car is still at the garage.  I called a couple of times to see how things are going.  It's not starting now for them so that is good news.  However they can't figure out what is wrong with it.  The garage is in contact with Ford Canada to see what they say/suggest.  However the gist of the situation is we are no further forward than we were on Monday.

As I said to them at some point I do have to have my car back.  As it was dh had to take Thursday afternoon off of work to take me to an appointment.  Also it's not like we live in town, I do need a car to go anywhere.  So we'll see what today brings.  If we're not getting anywhere I am going to see about them giving me a car to use.

On Thursday morning we took delivery of our new lawn tractor.  No we haven't come into money, we have had to finance this, but when we have paid off the mortgage we will get this paid off.  This is not what we had planned, but there's not a lot we can do about it. The grass won't stop growing just because our lawn tractor broke down.

Are we fed up in this household, heck yes, but we have to keep going.........

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

After reading your news about new tractor could not help myself to suggest you use the tractor instead of the faulty car!!!! Sorry - my sense of humour. Just for info I once had a car that would not start and if it did it the engine would cut out and every conceivable moment. It turned out to be an electrical fault. It took the garage a long time to find the problem. Good luck.

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

Oh :( the above comment did amuse me, but I am sorry for your troubles. Reading all of the frugal living blogs online have made just oh so aware of why it is important to have an emergency fund. We don't have one at the moment, but we will have!just for situations like this. Hope you get everything sorted out soon Gill xxx

Gill - That British Woman said...

I would use the tractor but can't take it onto the road and at a top speed of around 7 miles per hour I could foresee a traffic jam behind me.....LOL

Jane and Chris said...

Get the snowblower part too...you'll not regret it.
Gill did you not know that FORD stands for 'F'ix 'O'r 'R'epair 'D'aily?
Jane x

psychsarah said...

I'm so sorry that you're going through such a rough time with your car! I saw a fascinating program about "lemon laws" recently (I think it was CBC Marketplace, but I could be mistaken). Sadly, we don't such laws in Canada. It seems like your car would certainly fit the definition! In some states, if you have a certain number of problems in a particular timeframe, you can give the car back to the dealer and receive a new one if yours is a lemon! I hope they get to the bottom of it soon. Having an unreliable car is worse than no car in some ways, because you're paying for it, but you don't have the convenience to utilize it fully!

angela said...

Good on you. Hubby is using ours right now mowing the lawns befor the rain sets in again. May you used it for many happy years.

Rose said...

Congrats on the new lawn tractor...I hope it is even half as good as the John Deeres I have driven...seems like they just keep going and keep going.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...