Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday morning............

Had a busy weekend.  Dh was off all of the weekend which made a change.  He spent nearly all of it in the kitchen and he managed to get three bottom units installed, the counter top installed and the sink fitted.  I hope to have running water next weekend.  By the time dh gets in from work he is so stressed and tired, from the politics at work, he's fit for nothing.

One of the reasons it took so long to get just that done was that nothing was square or level.  However I am super pleased with how it looks so far and when he gets it all together I will take a photo.  I will say it's more luck than management that what I chose as finishes with everything matches ever so well!!!

With the weather being iffy (raining) on and off all weekend, nothing got done in the garden.  So I turned to sewing.  I have seventeen blocks all cut out ready for the final stitching .  Before I get to that point though there are a number of steps that have to be done.  All the mini squares have to be cut out.  Eight beige squares have to be sewn to eight patterned squares in two colours.  They have to be cut in half and pressed.  Then they all have to be trimmed and squared to make perfect 2 3/4 inch squares.  All that takes time; a lot of it.  I am planning on going to Bound To Quilt on Thursday where they have a come and sew session for $5 for the day.  That way I will be more likely to sit and sew for an extended period of time.

At the bottom of the main page you will see an icon that shows you how many Swagbucks I have.  Normally I have a lot, but I have cashed in for $50 worth of Amazon e-cards this month, so have depleted my total.  Normally I cash in just $25 worth, as that is normally all the Swagbucks I have, but I have been saving mine up.  If I remember rightly I think this will bring me to around $225 worth of Amazon e-cards since last December.  If you are already on the computer, why not earn some free Amazon e-cards at the same time?  If you do decide to sign up, I really would appreciate it if you could sign up under my link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/Appleby

If you already do Swagbucks write a comment and let other folk know how you find it, as it is a great way to earn free things.

Enjoy your Monday.

4 comments:

Karine said...

I'm glad you got some of the kitchen done, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

angela said...

Cannot wait to see the new kitchen, it's a pain while it's getting done. But, once finished its all worthwhile.

Scrappy quilter said...

Can't wait to see the kitchen finished along with the quilt. Hugs

Rose said...

I can't wait to see what you are working on...I am hoping to get a flannel backing for my latest crumb quilt on Thursday...

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...