Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Overrun with rabbits........

I am up to three rabbits and a baby one I saw this morning in my tomato patch (SIGH)

I have a live trap out but had no luck in catching anything.  I need to move it and see if I have better luck.  Read a couple of things on the Internet; they like peanut butter and hate blood meal.  So I guess I'll put some peanut butter in the trap and when I plant out my veggies today, I'll spread blood meal all over?

For those of you who had read this blog over the past four year will know I spend most of the summer in the dog house with dh, as I am constantly breaking the flipping lawn tractor.  Well I have done it again; this time breaking the Mandrel Assembly  It's something that is needed to make the blades go round on the cutting deck of the mower.  So a trip to Barrie is going to be in order to get the spare part from Sears today.  Dh has had to take the whole mower deck to work to see if they have the tools to loosen the main screw as he couldn't do it at home.

So it will be a favourite meal of dh's for supper tonight to make him happy.  Hash browns as I have no fries, fried eggs and baked beans.  Meanwhile I'll try and keep out of trouble!!

Here are links to the book reviews I posted yesterday if you are interested:





 

10 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Oops! Sorry about the tractor, Gill. Supper sounds great though. :)

~Carla~ said...

Loooove bunnies! Trap them and bring them on over here! lol!! Hope you're able to keep them out of your garden though!!

Jane and Chris said...

Why bother trapping the rabbits when a bit of a chicken wire fence will keep them out...all they need is a visual barrier.
Jane x

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I break our lawnmower all the time too. My Hero as started to cut the lawns now mmmmm maybe that was my unintentional plan.:) B

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

I relish when hubby breaks something, as usually I hear it big when the lawn tractor has broke down on me. Hope you don't have hay fields by the time it gets fixed; remember last year I was using the bloody push mower !

Paula said...

I have the perfect solution for your getting in trouble about the lawn mower. Stop using it, let DH cut the grass :) Colin used to complain about the way I sliced our bread, guess who slices the new loaves now :P

Rose said...

You have gone and made me hungry again...hashbrowns sounds wonderful. I don't even really need anything with them.

Scrappy quilter said...

Sorry to hear about the tractor. I haven't started reading my books. Guess I'd better get them done soon.

angela said...

The only way to keep the rabbits out is with a fence. It doesnt need to be very high. Chicken wire works well just dig it into the ground a bit. The one time I broke the mower I got yelled at so I told him to bloody well do it himself. I have never mowed since. He has regretted yelling ever since then then. Now if I'm trying to do some work and an accident happens I don't get yelled at.

Karen said...

I have a lot of bunnies running around my yard this spring too! They are building a house right behind me right now which makes me think perhaps they are scaring the bunnies down the hill? I love to watch them play tag and "box" in front of the house. Have a big roll of chicken wire waiting to go around the squashes but I think we will put the blood meal on the planting boxes.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...