Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Our little Princess and other things...........

Went down to see Our little Princess and the family on Tuesday.  She is growing so much and she is getting so much strength in here neck, so her head is not as wobbly.

She sleeps through the night and averages around 14 hours of sleep in twenty four hours.  She will be three months old on Friday.  Time is certainly flying by.  She does not like being on her tummy and as she has a little reflux prefers to be sitting upright.  She is also a little talker and here she is talking to her dolly.

The reason I went down to Brampton, is that I was meeting dh in Mississauga to see about ordering the counter tops for the kitchen.  This is what we bought:

We should have them in a couple of weeks.  I love granite but can't afford the prices, so laminate is an affordable option.  Regardless removing the tiles worktop is a good thing, as it is so unhygienic , with all those grout lines.

I pulled out the turkey carcass from Easter and boiled it up for the broth and I got all this meat from it:


Made a turkey, rice and corn chowder with it.  It's amazing how much more meat you can pick off the bones when you boil it up.

I have just posted another book review here  It's a Harlequin book and it was very, very good!

18 comments:

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Sweet Nitara appears she is going to be quite the thinker from her photos. You have been a busy woman. With snow again the soup will perfect to keep the cold from your bones. Sigh, will Winter ever end?

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh, your granddaughter is so cute!!

I think your new counter is going to be gorgeous.

Do;t feel bad about not affording the granite. I have heard it requires a bit of upkeep beyond keeping it clean and tidy. My sister-in-law has new counters and I will watching to see how long it looks good.

Anonymous said...

That is very attention-grabbing, You are an excessively professional blogger.
I've joined your rss feed and stay up for in search of extra of your wonderful post. Additionally, I've shared your site
in my social networks

My web page ... ways to make money online

onesimplefarmgirl2 said...

She is adorable. Bet she is beginning to smile some now. Personality is on the way Nana. I like your counter-top

Country Gal said...

Oh what a sweety ! I remember Brampton when it was a small farming town , now it is a huge city and that's why we moved to crowded . I moved from a farm in Caledon/ Orangeville area to Brampton it got to big and now am in a country valley village south west of Brampton . Our boy's are in Brampton . Granite can be tricky to look after I have heard a lot of people wish they never had got them as they aren't that durable so no worries I think the counters you picked are nice and besides durable counters are better for every day use then for just looks . It has been pouring all day here with the odd storm rumbling around ! Spring is here in South western Ontario finally ! Have a good day !

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Nitara is adorable! New countertops! Oh how fun:) we just put a new pump in the well so won't be getting anything for the house anytime soon!

Boopnut said...

What a sweet baby! Too bad we can't keep them young a bit longer. Lucky girl getting new counter tops. Mine are just plain ugly!

DeniseinVA said...

Nitara is a sweet, adorable little girl. Can't believe she is three months' old already. I love her outfit.

Fun looking at countertops. I can't wait to start doing things on our kitchen but it's going to be a while.

Also, that's a great tip on the chicken meat. Do you have a recipe for the chowder?

Have a good one Gill.

Jane and Chris said...

Anonymous's post gave me a laugh...anyhooo..I like your countertop!
Janex

Anne said...

She is a real cutie pie!

Lena said...

Aww...cutie :)

Debby said...

What a beautiful little girl!!!! Congrats on your new counters, we too went with laminate 9 years ago and they still look great!!!

Piece by Piece said...

What a sweetheart Nitaria she is. Oh, also like your new counter top. LOL


Patricia

Rose said...

Nitara is such a doll!!! It seems like only yesterday that Lorelei was that small...enjoy her being little and cuddly while you can!

Evelyn said...

so sweet! love the countertop

bonsaimum said...

Such a cutie. :)

Rose said...

Didn't you have a pic up of the laminate you had chosen? If so, for some reason it is not popping up today.

I meant to tell you last night that I really like what you had chosen.

Not even the picture of Nitara...though it almost does. The square pops up for just a second and then it disappears...I wonder if it is my computer or blogger? May go check on hubby's computer.

Rose said...

Okay--about the dozenth try got the photos.

One more crazy comment...the laminate you chose--I would love to have that in fabric!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...