Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Grocery Shopping......

I hit three stores on Sunday to do my grocery shopping.  I ended up spending $89.21 and had $23.80 in savings.  My best deal was the photo below.  This was done at Sobeys where the salad, french fries and canned veggies were all buy one get one free.  I had a coupon for the sour cream, which made that 99 cents.  I also had $5 worth of Sobeys points saved up, so after cashing them in that little lot cost me $1.26


I did buy a few none food items, which also included two packs of 24 double roll toilet paper that was on sale at Canadian Tire for $9.99 a package, plus I had a $1.25 coupon when you bought two.  So technically I bought 96 single rolls of toilet paper!!!  Guess we'll be fine for toilet paper for a while.

I have updated my grocery total for the month on the side bar.

I got my May 2013 Easy Cook magazine in the mail on Monday and saw an advert for this:
It's a Spaghetti Measure Book.  Each page has a mouth-sized hole that represents a number of options from 1 - 4, so you can measure out just what you need.  Thought it was fun.  if you search Spaghetti Measure Book, it will come up with where you can find it.  I have a Tupperware container for my spaghetti like this one and it has a lid inside that lets you measure out one of two portions at a time.

6 comments:

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Good savings, especially at a Sobeys! I love the Gold Sour Cream as well.

Unknown said...

You did so well with your shopping. Bravo!! The spaghetti book is cute. I haven't seen anything like that before. Be well.

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

We have a weekly mad panic about where is cheapest to buy our food - hadn't tried Sobeys yet. We started at Fortinos, then Value Village which was a little cheaper. But not if you find offers at fortinos. So each week we question where best to go and we still haven't made up our minds!

Crafty Gardener said...

Love the buy one get one free deals on food. We are heading out soon for our groceries. I never go on the weekend since we have both retired, prefer the quiet couple of days at the beginning of the week. That is a cute spaghetti measure book though not sure I would be bothered to get it out and use it all the time. I rely on my hands.

John Going Gently said...

You need to give me lessons x

Lena said...

Nice savings Gill!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...