Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our Little Princess

I haven't seen our little Princess in a couple of weeks now, as I don't want to go near when I am sick.  Her mummy sent me this photo and I can see such a big change in her.  I love the outfit she has on (Joe Fresh), and her eyes are just gorgeous; but then I am biased!!
She is 3 1/2 months old now and sleeps through the night, plus has two naps during the day for a total of around 14 hours sleep per day.  She is a good baby and can hold her head now.  Fingers crossed I get better soon, so I can see her.  She'll be getting her ears pierced anytime.  They also have a custom in their religion to shave the daughters hair; thankfully our little Princess' parents won't be doing that.  If she were a boy they would shave the boy's head on his first birthday.  (On a Hindu child's first birthday, his or her head is shaved while being held by a special fire. Removal of the hair cleanses the child of any evil in past lives, symbolizing a renewal of the soul.)

Friday took it out of me, so on Saturday I ended up doing not a whole lot which was a shame as the weather actually got nicer in the afternoon.  I did spray the BBQ, so that is this morning's job sorting that out, so I can start using it.  As from the 1st of May the electricity times change so when it's more expensive I am generally cooking supper.  Need to polish up on my BBQ skills though, as generally it's either burnt, very burnt or just plain old charcoal when I BBQ!!

10 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

Grandma's are always biased, but Nitara is absolutely beautiful

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Beautiful baby! She does have gorgeous eyes. Barbecue? Practice makes perfect so just keep at it.

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Nitara is absolutely beautiful ! Do love the outfits they have now a days; so much selection then from when our children were born it seems. I am also anxious for BBQ weather, however we need our deck re-built should I ever find myself a man home long enough to build it. *Sigh* happy you are feeling better. xx

Lena said...

I can't believe she's only 3.5 months old! She looks much older on this picture. And her eyes ARE gorgeous!

Jane said...

She is gorgeous!! We've BBQ'd a couple of times this spring but not on a regular basis as the weather has been kind of crappy around here what with more snow, hail and freezing rain. Yesterday was really nice though so I'm hoping the good weather is here to stay now.

Unknown said...

She is a beautiful girl!

Hope you feel better soon Gill.

Sft x

Rachel said...

She is beautiful!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Decadent Housewife said...

She's a little dolly!

Em Parkinson said...

There aren't many babies that can inspire broodiness these days but she certainly does - beautiful!

Rose said...

Nitara is just beautiful....if you are like me, two weeks is a long time to go without seeing her.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...