Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Relapse and a new resident in the paddock..........

Monday was a bad day health wise.  I was not feeling well at all and did little to nothing all day.  I was just so tired and so full of *not  mucus!!!  Which was a shame as it was actually a lovely day.  I didn't even put the fire on.  So fingers crossed today will be a better day and I continue to improve health wise.

On Sunday I saw a new resident in the paddock behind us.  Say hello to UTI, he is a 15 year old boy horse.  He is not looking very handsome in the photo, as Heather had only just brought him home.  His previous owner is moving to Winnipeg.  Give him a few days and he will be looking spic and span and will be calmer.

He is joining the two girls Elle and Zelda who are also both 15 years of age.  They are not that interested in Uti and kept to themselves.  From left to right it is Zelda, who Heather told me is the boss!!  Then Elle and then Uti in the corner.
It's a pleasure to watch them and their dynamics.  There will be no baby horses from them all, as they have all been fixed!!!!  I have to say I don't know "horsey" terms!!!

The farm across the road from us is expecting baby horses, two Belgians and a miniature horse; they are due in May so looking forward to seeing them.....

12 comments:

Out My window said...

Sorry you are down, hope you feel better. I hate being sick. Love the farm house, I would die to own a place like that.

Em Parkinson said...

He's gorgeous. My poor Trigger is still being shunned by the ladies he's sharing a field with!

bonsaimum said...

They are lovely. He is going to be a handsome boy. :)

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

So cute, such a strange name for a horse though!! I love getting my country fix through people's blogs!!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Gill I do hope you kick this soon it is awful that you have been not feeling well for so long. I would love to look out and see horses and babies. Get Well. HUG B

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on the weekends posts so this is really a comment on yesterdays post.

I live in SW Ontario and I'm another who prefers Coffee Culture to Tim Hortons; as you say, a little more expensive but they do a very enjoyable lunch which is well worth the extra.

We've been retired for quite a few years now and although I cook from scratch - even bread - it gets harder and harder to stay within our food budget.

Hope you are feeling a little better today
Christine

Jane and Chris said...

You don't need to know horsey terminology to know that they are beautiful creatures!
Jane x

onesimplefarmgirl2 said...

I love horses as long as they aren't roaming my farm. I grew up with them and have a healthy fear of them. They are beautiful beasts though. Hope you are feeling better soon. So hard to be ill when the weather is so fine.

Piece by Piece said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, you have been under the weather for so long.
Love horses, but have not been around them much, growing up it was mostly cows, and they are such stupid creatures.
Oh, I hurt today, cleaned out my pond yesterday, such a lovely day, cooler wind this a.m.

Karine said...

Hi Gill,

I hope you're feeling better today! Also, lucky you living in horse country!

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful countryside and those hose pics are lovely. Feel better soon!

Debby said...

What a beautiful place you have!! Feel better soon, the crud seems to last forever!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...