Saturday, July 4, 2015

Made out like a bandit....

Dh was home on Friday, so we popped up to the mall in Barrie as Bath and Bodyworks has a good sale on at the moment.  Plus I got a $10 off coupon when I spent $30.  This is what I picked up:
I got 14 bottles of hand soap for under $28.  I am set for the rest of this year and probably part of next.  I have them out in two places, the powder room and the kitchen.  Very pleased with what I got.

We then went to HomeSense (HomeGoods in the States) and I picked up a few things, including a couple of birthday gifts and a couple of stocking stuffers.  However for ourselves I got this:
It's a set of four very small plates, big enough for a cupcake or muffin, or maybe a cookie or two.  At $9.99 for the set they are lovely; I may even go back and buy another set.


We also got a new set for our bathroom, but didn't realize until we got it home one piece is different!  I swear we are going senile the pair of us.
 Then as we are seeing Our Little Munchkin on Sunday I bought her some stickers.  She loves stickers and crafts in general.

18 comments:

Belinda said...

The town of Barrie is mentioned in the film, "The Bridges of Madison County". We love Bath & Body works. We are using one of their foam dispensers at our kitchen sink right now. We bought it at the end of March and just now replaced the container of soap in it and we wash our hands multiple times there each day, so it is a very good deal. Love their scents too. We replaced it with a cherry one, which smells divine. I love the four small plates, I would definitely go back for another one. :)

Craig said...

Very good value. It always feels good to get a deal. I don't think I'd have noticed the subtle difference in the bath set either!

Joy said...

You did rather well there, didn't you?
J x

Pom Pom said...

I love the smell of B & B's hand soaps, but they make my hands so dry. It's dry here in Colorado anyway.
Cute plates and you are a nice granny to remember that your cherub likes stickers.

angela said...

That is something I would do. My eyes and or concentration is getting worse! Have fun visiting the munchkin

slugmama said...

Just tell anyone(if they notice about your mismatched bathroom accessories)that this is the way all the fashionable folks are decorating now. lolz

Jane and Chris said...

I love Homesense,but it's overwhelming at times!
Jane x

mamasmercantile said...

Definitely bargain buys. Hope you have a great time with your little munchkin.

Rose said...

Laughing at the senile comment here, as I feel like that on fairly regular basis. Over one thing or another. Sounds like you found some good deals on the soap...

barbara woods said...

we always get some for Christmas every year

William Kendall said...

That will keep you well stocked through the end of the year!

Paula said...

I love that hand soap! What a great buy Gill!

Betsy said...

That is a great deal that you got at Bath & Body. I may have to make a trip there in the next day or two. The little plates and rack are so sweet. You had some good buys on this shopping trip.
Blessings,
Betsy

Cat Lover said...

Looks like you got some really great deals. You are set for hand soap for a long time!

Carola Bartz said...

You've got some lovely items. I love that hand soap, too, and I usually have one in each bathroom and the kitchen. The little munchkin will love the stickers! My daughter was crazy about stickers and put them everywhere when she was little.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Gill, you really did make out -- I love good deals on things like this!!

~Carla~ said...

Love the little dish sets! Adorable! :) Great buy on the soaps, etc.. too! I'm sure the stickers will be well loved! :)

deborah said...

I love getting stocked with B&B handsoaps. They're my favorite. And I also love dishes and I like having small ones like you got at Homesense.

I've just recently rekindled my love of stickers and signed up for a few months with Pipsticks.

The new bathroom set is pretty and I really like the one piece being different!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...