Friday, July 3, 2015

So here we go again, another "Cottage of the Week"

I think I am going to have to drop a line to Toronto Life to ask them to show us an actual normal size cottage for sale, as this week's isn't much better than last.  I mean how hard could it be to find a cottage under $500,000.  Here is one which isn't too far away from the featured one.  Here is another one which is what I call a "real" cottage, it's further north.  The further you go from Toronto the cheaper they are.

This week's "Cottage of the Week," is only $5.2 million which is a bargain after last week's "Cottage!"  Once again it's a mansion.  I mean it's gorgeous, but it's no cottage.  It even cost's nearly $20,000 a year just for the property taxes.........

This week's "Home of the Week," is on sale for $4.5 million.  It's not my cup of tea and after reading the comment posted I would be wary about buying it anyhow.  It's too modern for my tastes.

This week's "Condo of the Week," is priced at $1.5 million and is a three bedroom unit, which I am led to believe is not too common for condo's?  You should read the comments,  It's an okay condo, but not for me.

Dh is off today, as it's his "Canada Day."  So we are working in the gardens.  Should be interesting as it's also the day the gardeners come!!

I have a lot on at the moment, so visiting other people's blogs is taking a back seat at the moment.  I am sorry; but I will catch up with everyone as soon as I can.

9 comments:

The Cranky said...

Whatever happened to a nice wee bungalow?

Dee said...

I much prefer your cottages, maybe you could include 'your pick' each week ?

Jenn Jilks said...

There are a wide range of cottages, homes and bunkies in cottage country! That's the beauty of it.

Cat Lover said...

I like the "real cottage" you featured. It is just like the cottage we vacationed in growing up.
Have a great long weekend Gill!

Northern Living Allowance said...

Funny! These places GLEAM. Like "I-can-see-my-face-in-every-surface" gleam. Who cleans these? And where can I get them? Wow. I actually really like this place, apart from the fact there no colour anywhere. It would get painted very quickly. I love colour!

Craig said...

I feel the same way. Our Saturday newspaper property supplement is pretty London centric and so most property they show is £2M+. Who can afford such houses? Not me that's for sure! How about the newspapers showcasing property for us real people!

Rose said...

I did like this Cottage at least....did not care much for the home or the condo, though.

I did not even get a new blogpost done yet...so you are sure not missing anything at my blog!

William Kendall said...

It helps looking for a cottage up there if you really could care less about lakefront access.

Belinda said...

I love the one at 243-ROCKAWAY-BEACH-PL, there is so much light coming in all those beautiful windows. Looks nice and easy to clean as well. The price is pretty steep though at least to my budget. lol

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...