Pears are a great fruit and a pretty cheap fruit. I also canned/jarred a pile of pears this year, so need different ways of using them. Here are some recipes for pears.
1. Pear puree, again I buy pears on the reduced rack, peel them and pop them in a pan to boil up with a little water, then puree, sometimes on their own, sometimes with raspberries for pear sauce or pear and raspberry sauce.
2. Pear, Raspberry and Almond Flan
3. Cranberry Pear Upsidedown Muffins
4. Veal Chops with Chipolte Pears
5. Pear and Celery Soup - I'll give this one a miss....LOL
6. Poached Pears with Caramel Crackle and Cream
7. Puree of Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Pears
8. Baked Pear Pudding - this sounds so good
9. Sour Cream Pear Cake
10. Roquefort Pear Salad - a classic recipe, I just don't like blue cheese - stinky!!
11. Fresh Pear Pie
12. Creamy Pear Pie - like the sound of this one
13.Quinoa Salad with Pears, Feta and Herbs
14. Pasta Salad with Pears and Fennel
15. Parsnips with Pear and Wild Rice
16. Buttermilk Pear Ginger Cake - this sounds yummy
17. Sugar-Grilled Pears with Maple Cream
18. Pear and Maple Bread Pudding - excellent this one doesn't have yucky currants or sultana's in it
19. Grilled Five Spice Pork with Pear Salsa
20. Niagara Fruit Bread
21. Pear and Grape Jam - I can't visualize this can you?
22. Snack Kebobs
23. Cornmeal and Pear Crusted Halibut
24. Pork Scaloppini with Caramelized Pears
25. White Wine Poached Pears with Cranberry Orange Mascarpone Filling
26. Crêpes with Brown Sugar Pears and Chocolate - love the sound of these
27. Fresh and Saucy Raspberry Pears with Chocolate Curls - super simple to make
28. Pear and Pomegranate Caramel Pie
29. Pear Chutney - not a chutney fan
31. Upside-Down Pear Pudding
32. Pear and Cranberry Crisp
33. Baked Pear Souffles
34. Pear Ka-bobs with Strawberry Dipping Sauce - this would be so good in the summer
35. Gingered Pear Freezer Jam
36. Oh Pear - an alcoholic drink
37. Grilled Asian Shrimp Skewers with Pears
38. Balsamic Glazed Pear and Goat Cheese Crostini - not your regular run of the mill appetizer
39. Raisin-Pear Clafouti Recipe - I'll give this one a miss!
40. Parsnip, Pear and Celariac Soup
41. Pear Pie with Walnut Crust - makes a change from a regular pastry crust
42. Mice " Kids & Adults Will Love!" - this is so cute and so easy.....
43. Pomegranate-Pear Muesli
44. Roasted Pear-Butternut Soup With Crumbled Blue Cheese
45. Pear Crostata - easy peasy to make this
46. Oven Baked Potato and Pear Rosti
47. Lemon Pear Tart
48. Pear Cinnamon Cheese Dreams
49. Pear Custard Galette
50. Strawberry and Pear Quesadillas - these sound pretty good
51. Pear Dessert Pizza - this recipe can be changed easily to suit your own tastes
What a lot of different recipes there. I can see us having a few new desserts thanks to these recipes. I hope you try a couple also.
Next week it's Oranges.