Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More signs Fall is just around the corner........

Look who I found in my bird feeder:

How he could get anymore in his cheeks was beyond me!!! I do have a squirrel/chipmunk proof bird feeder as well!!

They have been combining the field across the road from me, beside the field where the horses are kept. It's ages since I have seen a combine harvester up close like that. There were two combines harvesting the same field.




Things are quiet around the Acreage, only because it has been so hot and humid. It has worn us both to a frazzle, but hopefully by the end of Tuesday night we should be over the worst, I hope!! So needless to say not much has been done around the place. I did get some more of the grass cut on Tuesday but still have a ways to go.

Should also mention I am not on the computer much as my laptop is in for repair. Actually there is nothing wrong with the laptop itself, it's just the charger, and as it is under warranty they insisted the whole thing went out for repair???

7 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful photos Gill, and as far as your chipmunk/squirrel-proof feeder is concerned, 'where there's a will, there's a way' with these little guys and his bigger brothers. It's hot down here too, so muggy today.

Angry In Oman said...

Hi Gill, what a cute chip munk!

Do you know this song?

I've got a brand new combine harvester and I'll give you the key!

I've got 40 acres and you've got 63!

My husband sings it sometimes, I think it's an English thing.

I love fall in Ontario. My mom has bought me and Cush plane tickets so we're coming home in October, isn't that awesome!?

Good luck with getting your charger repaired!

mommanator said...

great photos, it's too hot here to think of fall!

Scrappy quilter said...

Gill, sending some cold weather your way. On Monday night it got down to +5 here, and +4C in the closest city. Hopefully it'll cool you guys off.

Combining is being done here too. Everything is late this year though so now they are hoping we don't get frost before it's all done.

DianeLynn said...

Love the photo...I have a squirrel who loves to eat my black walnuts and then drop the shells on my lil dogs head...then the squirrel runs off and makes this funny laughing sound. Wish I can get him on U-TUBE!

Deborah at Kilbourne Grove said...

Fall is coming. We had some leaves changing colour on the shrubs in Owen Sound, around the first of August. I keep hearing that it is going to be a long and hard winter this year. I do love Fall, it is a welcome break from the heat and humidity. Love your blog!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

A sure sign of the season!

What a cute fellow at the feeder! And I grew up on a farm in Alberta so I know about combines dotting the countryside this time of year!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...