Thursday, August 13, 2009

If they had only talked to me first.........

they would have saved a pile of money!! My local county administration has just shelled out a pile of money to repaint the double yellow lines on our road. Why they decided to do that is beyond me, as no one takes a blind bit of notice of the double yellow lines, and over take when ever they can :p I keep meaning to email them to tell them to take down the speed limit signs, as again no one takes a blind bit of notice of them either..........yes I am being sarcastic...LOL


Anyhow on Wednesday morning I was close to tears driving to work, as it was foggy and in the bottom of the valley the mist was just hanging over the trees, just like it does in my beloved Smokey Mountains.....we can't afford to go this year, so this is as close as I am going to get to seeing something like them.


I was shattered on Wednesday as that dratted dog of ours nose is going to get the better of her. She was going crazy on Tuesday night sniffing stuff around the house, especially around the baseboards/skirting boards. So I am guessing she can smell mice or something, so I need to set the traps again. She was up on and off all night because of this, which wasn't good when me and dh are tired. I had her out at 4:50am for a pee and poop and managed to make her go back to sleep. However it meant I slept in again and wasn't up until nearly 6:30am again.

It rained again Wednesday, so of course with the heat and humidity the grass is growing like mad. However with it being so wet I haven't been able to cut the grass, which is maybe a blessing, as I don't need the extra work at the moment.

Overall work is going well, its not busy enough for me, but my boss got me doing a project today that should save the company at least $500 to $700 a month, which makes it worthwhile going in for. As I feel as though I have at least earned my keep...LOL People think we are married as the banter between us is very informal.

For instance I was telling a customer that I was hot, and when I get hot I get miserable, so my boss piped up and said "then she must be hot all the time!!" I know he doesn't mean it!!! If you work outside of the house, do you have a good relationship with your boss?

I also wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog and commenting, crazy busy week for me, so haven't had too much time for visiting other people's blogs.

10 comments:

Lakeland Jo said...

what is it you like about the smokey mountains- I would love to go and have never been. Sorry to hear about the sleeplessness- nothing worse

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Starting any new regime is tiring isn't it. Once you are settled into your routine (and your dear little dog lets you sleep at night) it'll be better! A

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you get the road situation sorted. Stay safe!

Clippy Mat said...

hmm, maybe you should put up a few road signs of your own; such as,
HEY YOU! YES YOU!
CAN YOU READ?
SLOW DOWN!
NOW!
let me know if THAT works LOL

Scrappy quilter said...

Gill what type of dog food do you have Molly on. Our Ginger goes in the morning (around 8) and the around 9 at night and that's it for doing her business. I'm surprised you have to take her for a "poop" during the night.

Hopefully you can get the distractions found that are bugging her from around the house.

More hot weather coming your way. It was 35C here yesterday and humid!!

mommanator said...

I was mid post yest and didnt get to finish, I cant imagine to drive an hour to work,(stupid me- I was a visiting nurse and drove all the time), but somehow driving an hour just to get there seems excessive and they paid me for mileage.
go figure my thought process

Sandi McBride said...

Ah, the Smokey's...we try to go each fall for the foliage...when my sister sold her cabin we nearly cried!

I always had a great relationship with my boss...he knew who signed my paycheck and so did I, lol! As long as he let me do my job without a lot of interference, we were both happy!

Hope you get to the Smokey's soon...
Sandi

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Gill, a good post and always an enjoyable read. That road sounds a little scary, even more so in fog. I had a very good relationship with my boss. In fact she is the one who came up all the way from Georgia to go to our son's wedding. I thought that was pretty special. She's great and I consider her a very good friend.

Evelyn said...

i have a good relationship with my boss, have known him for 20 years and he has been my boss for 5. he is very much a "hands off' boss which iss fine but a little praise and guidence oncew and awhile would be nice.
I cry when I see fog, reminds me of the ocean.

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

I have a great relationship with my boss, that's because he is my hubby!!!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...