Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gentle Giants.......

In the field across the road are these five beautiful horses.
(click on the photos to enlarge them and to see more detail)
Molly was all brave until we got close to them, and then she was having nothing to do with them, and cowered behind me.
There is an electric fence around the field, ask me how I know about it!!!!!! Yes I did touch it.





This is the view from the hill where the horses are and this is how much of our house we see.
The red barn in the back left of the photo is a beef farm, gosh those cows can stink something rotten. I don't know what they are feeding them but most nights those poor cows have really bad stomachs!!!

This is looking up towards the barn on the farm beside the field where the horses are.

If anyone knows what breed of horse they are, I would really appreciate knowing.

8 comments:

mommanator said...

beautiful animals! dont know the breed though, such lovely place where you live!

Patty said...

Beautiful horses. Great views it seems, no matter where you are standing.

LHA said...

I'm not a horsey person, but I must say, these horses are gorgeous! What a great view and scenery.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Beautiful animals, love the colouring.

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful horses and more great photographs.

IowaCowgirl said...

They look like Belgian or Belgian crossbreds. There is an American Cream Horse that is slightly similar also.

Lori in South Dakota said...

I think Belgians also. Gentle giants, a good name for them!

Rose said...

I love that last shot...and the horses are beauties for sure. I am enjoying these peeks from the past!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...