Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea.

Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on, just perfect.  We ordered from the Winter special menu, which was part of the hotel package stay.  Here is a link to the menu choices we had.  Ours was the first one at the Noble restaurant.

Hubby, had mushrooms on toast, of course it was fancier than that!!!  It was really good he said.

I had the soup of the day, which was roasted red pepper with goat cheese.  It was really good, rich and creamy.
Hubby had the steak and he said it was cooked perfectly.
I had salmon on a sunchoke puree.  Never had sunchoke before, tasted of nothing really very bland.  But it went well with the salmon.  That was the best piece of salmon I have ever had.
This was the dessert menu we got to choose from.
Hubby had the maple walnut tart.  He said it was okay.
I had the creme brulee, which was and is my number one choice!!  It was to die for.  The cranberry cookie, was so, so.
Everyone in the restaurant was either celebrating a birthday or anniversary it seemed.  Hubby had a glass of wine with his meal, I just had water.  They brought homemade chocolates at the end, but we were just too full and I took them to the hotel room.

Now, have you heard the expression, that your eyes are greedier than your stomach?  Well that's how we felt as we waddled back up to the room.  We were full to bursting.  We went to bed at our normal time, as hubby is not well at the moment, and it had been a busy day.

At around 11:45 pm I woke up with a terrible bad stomach.  I had the worst stomach upset, that caused me to be in the bathroom for 45 minutes.  Came back to bed and woke up again at 5am to go back to the bathroom.  Hubby slept awful because of this chest and cold issue.  We both felt like death warmed over.  We decided to go downstairs to have some breakfast.

I wanted some oatmeal to coat my stomach and hubby wanted his usual toast.  Here is the breakfast menu.  Neither of us could stomach anything on that menu.  So when we ordered what we ordered, I don't think the server was happy, but we didn't care.

Also we ended up canceling the afternoon tea, as we were so over having food.  The thought of having afternoon tea just made my stomach churn even more than it was doing.  We checked out after breakfast and drove home.

We had thought that the breakfast was included in the package, but it was extra.  If we had known that we would have called in at a Tim Hortons on the way home and not incur further costs for the kids.  But the kids had arranged for everything to be charged to them.

We got home before lunch time on Saturday and never moved from the living room, other than when I went for a nap which is something I never do, but I felt rotten.

We had the best time ever, but the food was just so rich, and our bodies aren't used to it. 

I am writing this post on Monday morning and my stomach is still iffy.  Hubby is as sick as a dog and is not at work.

It was a super treat to stay at the hotel and that dinner was perfect.



5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I would have been very uncomfortable had I eaten all that too. We just don't eat big meals anymore. It all looked so delicious though.

My Piece of Earth said...

All the food looks delicious, unfortunately your stomachs did not enjoy it. Hope you are feeling better today.

Cheryl said...

Are we talking food poisoning by any chance?

Chris said...

What a nice treat for your birthday. I love NOTL and have eaten at the Prince of Wales a couple of times when we have gone there for a theatre outing. Sorry the food didn't seem to agree with you despite being delicious!

Jeanie said...

Your dinner looked and sounded fabulous but I'm so sorry you had to end your evening with tummy aches.That's a lot of food and I hope it was just that and nothing else. (Given that you both had different things, probably just a factor of too much!)

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...