Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Cross stich and art

Bit late this week in posting this as I wanted to do the hotel stay posts first.  The week started off warm last week and gradually cooled down.  This week is going to be a cold one with wintery weather.  I knew it was too good to be true all these warm temperatures!

I also attempted some water colour "painting."  The top one was water colour splotches of paint, and when dry I went round the colours with a sharpie.

The one underneath, I put dots of acrylic paint on the paper and dragged an old credit card over them to spread the paint out.  Neither are much good, very basic, but it's a start.


Have you been doing anything crafty this past week.


5 comments:

Joy said...

I really like the credit card one. Great idea. xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Not nice to have to go back to wearing a winter coat and boots yesterday and it's more of the same today, although it didn't snow overnight.
Your paintings look like fun! I, of course, have been working on yet another landscape. I can spend altogether too many hours engrossed in them.

Karen said...

I'm trying to finish knitting the sweater from He**. Once upon a time I could knit a fair isle sweater in a week. These days it takes months.
I need to start painting again, but getting started is difficult. We are facing a big construction project as a result of a fire in January. I keep telling myself I'll just get my easel set up and they will roll in to start tearing us apart. Sure wish I had a she shed!

Stella said...

Making a spring/summer wreath for front door.

Sharon said...

I really like the second painting. I haven't been doing much crafty things. I am trying to sort out the craft room so I can get it in some sort of order so I can create!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...