Saturday, March 2, 2024

Reading...........

I have been having a clean out of books and have discovered numerous fiction books laying around.  When I say numerous probably well over 30 that I have purchased but haven't read yet.  So I have decided no more books are coming into the house until I have read the ones I have.  There is one exception though and that is the books that my mother is reading in her book club.  I will borrow those from the library.  I have also decided, if I can't "get into" a book after a few chapters, then I am not going to waste my time trying to read it.

I have three areas/bookcases where I keep books in the house.  In the living room I have this cabinet.  All are fiction novels in this area.

In the basement there is this built in unit.  Now the only fiction area is the third shelf down on the right hand side.  The bottom shelf on the left hand side is all the kids books.  I need to clean out that shelf, but waiting another few months until Evan turns 3 and then I'll get rid of the baby books.
This bookshelf is in the spare bedroom and holds magazine and cooking and crafting books.

I have donated a lot of books and magazines over the past few months.  Still have more to purge.

Do you own a lot of books?

I book I am reading at the moment is "The Last Time I Saw Paris," by Lynn Sheene.  I did post another review here on my book review blog.


6 comments:

angela said...

I do have lots of books. But I did do a full a few years ago.
Now I buy them either on kindle or audiobooks
That Way I don’t have to store them around the house

Patio Postcards said...

Sorting through books can be fun & difficult to decide which ones stay or go. I haven't bought many books in the last 10 years. I am a frequent visitor to our library. The books that I do have now after my "great purge" are ones that I re-read several times. I like your bookcases in the basement.

Maggie said...

Yes i have a lot of books but i only keep the ones i realy really like now. Hubby build shelves in the conservatory under the window to house some of the ones i keep, others are in a bookcase in the back sitting room. I have a Bill Bryson collection, a Phillipa Gregory collection, various novels about the Tudors, amongst others. I also have a lot in my TBR pile, like you I am trying not to buy anymore but it's difficult! Oh, and i still also borrow from the library, lol

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Books are my nemesis. I have a number of crafting books, some of which I have winnowed out as my interests change. There's a bookshelf in the bedroom that is filled with reference books, primarily geared towards genealogy. Then...we won't discuss just how many books are residing beneath our bed!! Both DH and I are voracious readers so there's always a lot of books around. We also won't mention that I'm at the local library at least twice a week bring more home.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I buy books faster than I can read them as well. I say I'm not going to buy more, but then I buy them. But as a writer, I tell myself I have to support my fellow writers, right?

William Kendall said...

At some point this year I'll have to buy another book shelf. Something with a bottom section tall enough and wide enough for some coffee table books.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...