Thursday, March 21, 2024

A new friend.

I wasn't sure what to use as a title for this post.  I was thinking of, "Men just don't get it," but thought it might offend the male readers of the blog?  So I chose the friend title.

I was lucky enough to get some money for my birthday.  So while we were in Niagara on the Lake, I decided to call in at the local Outlet Mall close to there and spend my money.  I wanted a new pair of sunglasses and a belt bag/cross body bag.  I wear sunglasses all the time as I have light sensitive eyes.  I thought the bag would be useful when we go on vacation.

So we hit the usual stores, Coach, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, you know the ones.  I went back and forward between a couple of bags and types of sunglasses and ended up with these ones from Michael Kors:

I was all happy, happy with my choice and brought them home and placed my new bag next to my suede Kate Spade bag in our closet.  So now my Kate Spade bag has a friend.


So this is where the conversation with hubby starts.  He is confused as to why I need another bag, especially when I have practically the same colour bag already sitting there in my closet that I barely use.

So I pointed out to him, I only use the suede one when the weather is nice, as I don't want to get it dirty.  Also I get great pleasure in just admiring my bag when I go into our closet.

To say he was totally confused about that was an under statement.  Then I pointed out how happy he was when he went to the store and bought himself a new tool; a jack for helping lift out fence posts.

In our household, bags give me pleasure, tools do it for hubby!!!

Is it the same in your household?

6 comments:

Joy said...

Seeing as there's no man here, no, but I totally get your meaning there. After all, he doesn't have to understand, just accept . . . :-)
xx

My Piece of Earth said...

Love both of your bags.
No man here.
I have two things that please me, house plants, currently the three blossoms on the Amaryllis are absolutely gorgeous and the Easter cactus has buds. The second thing, fabric, it all looks so nice, sorted by colours in neat piles on the shelves in the cabinet.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Apartment life means that neither DH or I can indulge our weaknesses too much because there simply isn't space. I've never been one for having more than two or three purses and tend to use one until it falls apart.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh I get this and yes, my husband even gets catalogs of tools as I do clothing and accessories. :-) Looks like a good haul here. Enjoy

slugmama said...

Having a neutral colored bag is a good thing in a wardrobe(though not my style)and having two gives you options. Enjoy your new bag and sunglasses!

Myself, I am not a high end designer bag kind of gal(I enjoy Vera Bradley's but they are not what I consider high end, especially when bought on clearance or at outlets prices). I do have 1 Coach bag my sister in-law bought me for my birthday a couple of years ago(in my fav. color)but really, I don't go anywhere I can wear it here(no social life, just go to grocery stores and other shopping plus medical appointments now). With the poverty around here I'd feel "uppity" and a show-off wearing that bag out....not so must feeling like a crime target because of the area but I'd feel awkward. Going on a cruise with it I'd feel like a target with it(a rich American)as some countries we travel to(the Caribbean and Central America)are economically depressed....

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am a died in the wool backpack kind of gal (no designer bags) with just a couple of very small clutch bags that I carry when we do things in the evening. Expensive bags are wasted on me since I would never use them___however, show me some gorgeous plates and I am salivating.
TheHub is the clothes /shoe horse in my family

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...