Monday, January 2, 2012

This daft dog of ours will be the death of me I swear!!!

Why you ask, well last night she decided to eat a full box of Pot of Gold Chocolates and a box of After Eight Mints................so she is suffering.......I totally forgot about them, as they weren't open.  She has been up and down all night and I have no sympathy for her at the moment!!!!


Then to add to it all, I had her to the vets on Saturday, again, as this time she has an urinary tract infection, so along with the antibiotics and I got three months of her allergy pills, that came to another $220+.  So those two vets visits cost over $300.

I know by the sorrowful look in her eyes I should have sympathy but I haven't as it was her own daft fault.................

Actually she did me a favour, as I don't like Pot Of Gold Chocolates, and although I love mint and chocolate, I really don't need to eat anymore chocolates at the moment!!

18 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

Elsie actually managed to get up on our table and snatch a couple of mini quiches I'd made for New Year. Dogs and Christmas really don't go! xx

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hmm..she does look a bit guilty, doesn't she? Well, the girl loves her chocolate but she should be reminded that chocolate is toxic to dogs. Dogs such fun, though, to watch -- they are almost like kids that never grow up! I had a pekingese once that would pick through all the presents until she found hers. She never tore anything up -- just walked all over everything until she found what she knew belonged to her.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I'm a bit concerned only because chocolate can be toxic to dogs -- especially in large amounts. I hope she is doing okay despite her misbehaving. :) Beautiful dog, Gil.

Jane and Chris said...

WOW Molly, I thought my sister was the only girl who could eat a whole box of After Eights in one sitting!!
Jane x

Valerie said...

Oh, the poor lamb. Don't be cross with her especially as she did you a favour... grins.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Oh dear - dogs and chocolate, not good news. I do wish you a Happy New Year Gill. Hope it is a good one. A x

~Carla~ said...

Oh my!! lol! She's like a naughty child! lol!!

angela said...

The poor thing, they do these things to annoy us I'm sure. Chocolate is toxic to dgs so it's a blessing she is still here after all that. Silly bugger

JohnD said...

Pure chocolate is DEFINITELY liver-toxic for dogs! I'd be more than a bit concerned if it was my Denny - a glass of salt water would be on his menu - ASAP

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/dogs-and-chocolate-get-the-facts

Canadian Saver said...

Hope she feels better soon!!!

Karine said...

Poor Molly, you had best keep a close eye on her as chocolate can be horrible for pooches. One of my mom's dogs ate up a hunk of chocolate she had set out to bake a cake at Christmas last year, but luckily she threw it all up before it could do any harm.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've been there and done that with a couple of my dogs, so I know all about this trail. It is hard to feel sorry for them, but I feel sorry for myself because I have to be the one to let them out...I hope she's better!!

Rose said...

I feel sorry for both of you...

Holly G said...

My niece has a Bassett Hound with the same markings and coloring - also the same sad eyes. She told me that Bacon, the dog, broke into the refrigerator last week and ate two bags of raw chicken. Maybe there is something in the air....

beagleAnnie said...

I hope both Molly and you feel better soon.

EG Wow said...

Wow! Molly has quite the appetite!

Denise said...

Poor Molly! Well, dogs will be dogs. I remember when ours got into some chocolates once, this after I had just read how bad chocolate is for dogs. Lovely picture of her, she truly is such a lovely dog with the most soulful eyes.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate is usually deadly for dogs. Please be more careful what you leave out. It wasn't her fault. And she is not daft.

Nita