Friday, May 24, 2013

Visit to the doctors again & home of the week.......

Went to the doctors on Thursday as my poor ears are so sore.  Turns out I have an ear infection and so I am back on another dose of antibiotics.  Plus I got a Spacer for my inhalers as he wants me back on those to help me breathe.  I was struggling to use the inhalers without it, so this is so much easier.  

This week's "Home of the Week," is lovely; granted it's pricey at $2.8 million, but it does at least look like a lived in family home not a show place where you dare not touch anything.  The art work leaves a lot to be desired; otherwise I would leave it as is.  Love the kitchen so bright and airy.  If I had the money I would have it.

This week's "Condo of the Week," is NOT lovely.  If you are a single person, I guess it would be alright, but who wants a bedroom like that?  I could even put up with the frosted glass walls of the bathroom, but that "bedroom" would be like sleeping in the middle of a bowling alley.  The one thing I do like about this $850,000 condo is the view from the rooftop patio; great view of downtown Toronto.  However that isn't even enough to make me like this place, sorry.

Well it looks as though the "Cottage of the Week," is back again and what a stunner they have started off with.  However it begs the question, is this really a cottage?  No, it's a fancy dancy house with all the bells and whistles.  If I could afford the $2.35 million price tag I would take it though.  What views and great finishes to the place, but at the end of the day, that's no cottage!!

I finally got all my grocery receipts input into Excel and updated my totals on the right side of the page on my blog.  I have managed to spend $370.22 this month with $88.82 in savings, which is flipping crazy.  Even taking into account I bought $40 worth of allergy pills, that still leaves me way over budget.  I have been spending at least $125 a week instead of $75 a week, I need to take stock of what I have been doing.  I will be lucky if I can come in at under $500 this month (SIGH)  Oh well onwards and upwards as they say!!

4 comments:

Fishcake_random said...

House of the week; Love the tree themed kids room, very cute. And the whole house seems comfortable and cozy to live in but that bath would have to go lol

Condo of the week; Awful just awful!

Cottage that isn't; I will take it! But i can only offer you £1.50 and will owe you the rest? Lol.
Hubby loves that home cinema.

Jane and Chris said...

I reckon that cottage IS yours...it's got a stripey lawn!!
I'll take the cottage but what will I do with the gym?
Jane x

Gill - That British Woman said...

you're funny Jane, we could hang the washing in the gym?

Fishcake, I'm with you I can only offer that amount as well!!

Em Parkinson said...

Don't beat yourself up Gill - at least you're trying! Do hope you feel better soon, you poor thing. x

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...