Saturday, May 11, 2013

Homemade remedies, cleaning windows and Crazy Daisy

If you didn't know me you would think I was a two pack a day smoker with this rotten cough.  As I have finished my ten day course of antibiotics (thank goodness), my mother suggested lemon juice, honey and hot water.  Between me and you I think she is trying to poison me!!!  I do not like honey, unless it's heavily  disguised.  Suffice to say drinking this is nasty.  Not sure how often I have to drink this, must ask her when I talk to her this weekend; and believe me I will be whining.  Though as she says, I'm not happy unless I am whining about something!!!

I did have more energy than I have had in a while on Friday; or it could be we have company coming this weekend and I just got off my butt to tidy up a bit!!!  Anyway I cleaned some of the windows inside and out.  Which upstairs means me sitting on the window ledge and hanging out of the window.  What it does do, is make my stomach muscles groan in agony at being used!!! 

I love having clean windows, just like I love seeing straight lines on the grass when I cut it.  Does that make me a Crazy Daisy?  How often do you clean your windows?  One friend once said to me, she cleaned her windows once a year whether they need it or not......and she meant it!!

Talking of Crazy Daisy I love this new Portmeirion Crazy Daisy Line:

This toast rack is just so flipping cute as well:
Still haven't got around to writing about the kitchen..............

8 comments:

Fran said...

Have a hot toddy far better, kill or cure! That pattern is gorgeous and you have now sent me off on a hunt looking for it! Have a good weekend xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the dishes. Do you still use a toast rack, Gill, after 24 years in Canada, LOL! That one is so cute I am tempted to get one!

~Carla~ said...

Least your energy is returning! LOVE that line! Soo pretty!!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

I at least try to clean my windows 2x a Year ... *smile*. Glad you are feeling a wee bit better, and really Gill, you must give up that Closet Smoking Habit you have taken up. xx

Evelyn said...

love the dishes!

ummm clean my windows? as often as i clean my stove and I think the last time I did that was on my 40th birthday

Em Parkinson said...

I'm quite a fan of honey and lemon for a sore throat but it always makes me cough, so not the best remedy for you!

angela said...

I'm with you gill I don't like honey either, but it will make you feel better. Use as often as you like you cannot OD on it. If you can't take the homey, just do tea with lemon, still very good for you. Adding a little ginger to it will help also. Feel better soon

Rose said...

I don't like cleaning windows, but I like the result. If that makes sense. I need to clean my storm doors every other day but they are lucky to get once every two weeks. I do my windows about twice a year when I am healthy, but with this shoulder, it is slowing me down on everything.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...