Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Catch up...........

It's been a while sorry.  Things have taken off with the Appleby Lane store, and honestly it has caught me by surprise.  So something had to give and it was my blog, which is a crying shame as I enjoy doing it.  Also reading has taken a back seat as well, which is another thing I love to do, but again, I can't do it all.

So here is an abbreviated version of what I have been up too.  I was back at the doctors at the beginning of September.  13 lbs lighter and I had brought one set of numbers down from 10.3 to 7, and the other set of numbers (the important one) down from 7.1 to 7.  Straight after that we went to the UK for a 10 day trip and I came home 3 lbs heavier and full of cold...........

Dh then had his blood work done and went to the doctors and was told his numbers are too high.  He got a blood glucose machine as well and we both started to monitor our numbers, which resulted in me nearly having a meltdown because my numbers are all over the place.  Called the nurse and she says everything is good.  Which in turn made me even more confused and has resulted in me now not using the blasted machine and I will have blood work done at the beginning of December as planned and we will see where I stand then...................and before I get lectures from everyone, yes I am in denial and no I haven't fallen off the wagon, but this taking the blood is making me more stressed and I can't/won't deal with it.

Good news, 3 lbs lighter again, so back to where I was at the beginning of September.  Bad news though, had the grands over the weekend, so good eating went down the tube!!  Good news, good eating back on again!! Also still not on any meds for the diabetes.

Went to the UK for a 10 day trip and it only rained once............who knew that the words UK and good weather could be said in the same sentence!!  Especially when you are staying in the North of England and Southern Scotland!!

Did my first craft show with Appleby Lane and it was good, sold a few things and have got three shows more booked between now and the end of November.  I have lost my mojo since I have been away, so need a kick in the butt to get my creative juices flowing again.

Meanwhile I feel like this at the moment:

I will try and make an effort to do a blog post every other day to see how that goes and go from there.  Too everyone who follows me thank you for your patience, I do appreciate you, one and all!  Now off too pee😁

6 comments:

Terra said...

I like the goat and what she or he is thinking. Ha ha. I am glad you are blogging again and hope you have success in getting your numbers in the healthy range. One thing I do is count units of sugar, women are supposed to consume only about 24 g of sugar a day, which isn't much. I gave up sugar in my tea and coffee (4 g per teaspoon) and on my Cheerios, so I can have a dessert!

T'Pol said...

So good to hear from you Gill. I did miss your posts. Hope the health issues are nothing serious.

barbara woods said...

great5 weight loss!

William Kendall said...

You were certainly busy.

Rose said...

That goat is so me! Do that all the time. Or else will sit in one place and lose something.

Evelyn said...

I have missed you Gill!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...