Friday, October 18, 2019

My second ever show........

This is how I set up my table:

I had a good assortment of items.  There were plenty of people, but no one way in a buying mood.  I sold three items, which was three more than a number of people did.  There were a number of people who sold nothing.  I at least made more than what my table cost, but barely.

I think what the problem was; it was a high school parent's and teacher's interview evening, so parents were focused on that, plus it was over supper time and we all know teenagers stomach never ever are full😀  So all the kids wanted to do was go home and eat.

As this is my second show, I need to get through the other two shows I have booked to give this craft show thing a fair chance.  However I will not be participating in this particular event; I just don't think it is worth my time.

Have you ever been a vendor at craft shows, what ate your experiences and/or your advice for me?

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

I think that's a learning experience for you.

Jackie said...

Definitely been in a couple of shows that I was one of those who sold nothing. Mom on the other hand always did well with her knitted doll clothes.

God bless.

Karen said...

I used to make soap. We did a Christmas craft show at a Legion one year when the only people who sold anything were food vendors. 😅

Joy said...

My daughter, Beth, finds this too. It's a mixture of issues, depending, but often the organisers just don't do enough publicity so people aren't aware or motivated enough to take a look. Also, people expect to get something cheap and that simply doesn't appy to quality good like yours (and hers).
The quality fairs charge such a lot for their tables, it's ridiculous.
A shame but . . .
xx

Evelyn said...

not a vender but have been to shows. be friendly but not overly aggressive. always have prices clearly displayed, if I have to ask I won't buy. Put your cheaper items out front not in the back, I need to be lured in.

Winifred said...

From craft shows I've been to people do seem to expect things to be cheap. If you're buying quality goods you should expect to pay quality prices.

You had lots of lovely things there Gill.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...