Sunday, October 13, 2019

Busy Saturday

We had a busy Saturday doing bits and bobs.  We went and voted despite the fact that I don't care for any of the leader's of the parties. but as my husband says:

"If you vote at least you can complain about what they do!"

So very true, and believe me when I say I do complain!!!๐Ÿ˜‚

Then in the afternoon dh and I did something we haven't done in probably 36 years........we went on a date to the movies to see this:




Thoroughly enjoyed it.  I went to the movies last year to see Bohemian Rhapsody and enjoyed that.  We went to the movie theatre with the big cushy reclining seats.  The theatre was PACKED with 8 of us watching it!! 

I booked online and have to say I bet they were glad to see the back of us in the movie theatre........well me anyway.  We couldn't figure out how to print out our tickets, so "made" the staff do it.  Then I bought a coffee each for us and it cost $6 for two tiny coffee's.........which due to the fact I have no filter,  I said out loud for all to hear I had never seen coffee cups that small!!

Walked into the theatre room and realized I had booked the wrong seats they were way too close to the screen, so told them they were no good and I wanted new seats.  As it was there were tons of room, we could have sat anywhere..........I know high maintenance or what๐Ÿ˜

Regardless it made a super change for us and I hope we have another date at the movies soon.......or at least try to go once a year!

Do you ever go to the movies?  What was the last movie you saw?

8 comments:

Evelyn said...

I admit it has been years since I have gone to a movie!

Jenn Jilks said...

We last went to the movies in 2001! Never again. We rent or purchase DVDs of series. We can't get Netflix or another, as we don't have the bandwidth. We just cannot stand crowds!!!

50 and counting said...

We've been to exactly the same movies.

Husband was a bit "meh" about going to see BH, but I bribed him with a Hot Dog and fries. He loved it! He even told the children how much he enjoyed it. Even caught him watching it on the flight to Amsterdam a couple of months later.

DA was last Saturday. He wanted to go. So, to keep the tradition going, I bought him a Hot Dog and fries. lol.

William Kendall said...

I saw Joker a few days ago. Quite dark.

Margie from Toronto said...

I used to go 5 or 6 times a month but these days it has to be something that I really want to see Now! I saw "Yesterday" about 6 weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and on Friday a friend and I also went to see Downton Abbey - and yes, it was well worth the half hour of commercials and then the 20 minutes of previews! We loved it!

Chris said...

I go quite frequently but haven't been over the summer (too nice outside to sit indoors for two hours!)so must make more of an effort. I really do want to see Downton Abbey so hope it is running for another week or two. I go on the cheap Tuesdays at Cineplex.

Rose said...

I bet you were not the first to say that about the size/price of the coffee. We thought about going to see this movie, but Roger would miss half of it.

Maggie said...

Catching up on blog posts today. I went to see Downton a couple of weeks ago, on a Saturday afternoon. I was asked if i wanted standard or premier seats, i opted for standard but when i got in there almost all of the premier seats were empty, so I sat in those :-) I didn't think they were going to be full on a Saturday afternoon, and there is never anyone to show you to your seat. I don't know how expensive cinema going is where you are, but here it's got very expensive, £10 per ticket, and then of course i have to buy nachos, lol. Not a cheap outing anymore. As for the film, I thought it was ok, nothing new in there, nothing they couldn't have put on a TV special, but I suppose its all the tradition that people like to see.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...