Thursday, May 21, 2015

Random things................

Missed my blogging anniversary again, I started blogging on May 19th, 2008.  This post is my 2,439th, and I have had 1,132,507 (as of yesterday afternoon) page views during that time.  Here's to many more blogging years ahead of me.

Got an email from the property management office.  Do you know I sigh when I see one of these in my inbox now, as I wonder what on earth is happening now.  Part of this one said:

THE WATERING POLICY IS AS FOLLOWS:

May 1st to September 30th

  1. Even numbered houses may water on even numbered days and odd numbered houses on odd numbered days
  2. The hours for watering are from
8:00 pm to 10:00 pm ONLY

NO MORNING/ AFTERNOON WATERING

I sent them an email back saying this:

"Well that's silly those times. Why can't we water early morning?  We are early to bed and very early risers. "

Now we don't go to bed at 8 pm, but by that time of night, we are settled in, probably sitting in our P.J's watching tv.  I do not want to be outside watering my gardens.  It will be interesting to see if they allow morning watering's which is what I do and what I will continue to do regardless of the policy.

Went to Barrie on Wednesday morning to spend some gift cards and called in at McDonald's for a cup of coffee and a muffin.  $1.75 for a small coffee and muffin, plus you get a sticker to put on your card, so every 8th coffee is free.  Can't beat that deal.
It was a fresh fruit salad type of day on Wednesday, as I had a lot of leftover fruit laying around.
Still have a large piece of watermelon as well in the fridge.  Nothing says summer weather like watermelon.
Speaking of the weather, the annuals have had to be covered the past couple of nights due to the risk of frost.  Dh has had to scrape the frost of the windows of his truck in a morning.

Talking of windows.........the window cleaners are here to do their twice yearly cleaning of our windows.  Fat lot of good it will do as these trucks are still wandering back and forward, stirring up all the dust.
Finally, got the window guys back again to see about repairing our basement windows.  Would you believe we have been in this house nearly a year?  I will do another post about our year end report that we have to submit to the builder.......as I have a "few" things to say!!!

27 comments:

Leigh said...

Well, congratulations on your blogiversary, even if it's a day late! Our water company recently changed out all the meters. I hate to wonder why.

Cat Lover said...

Happy Anniversary! I agree with you on the watering times. We are early to bed, early to rise too. I would not want to be out at 9:00 p.m. watering. Your fruit salad looks delicious. We have not quite had a frost here, but they are calling for one here Friday night/Saturday morning.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

A lot of gardening experts say early morning watering is best for plants. Well done on your blog accomplishments. Cool overnight here but lovely during the day.

EG CameraGirl said...

I wonder what the "water police" will do if they discover you watering your gardens early in the morning. (I suspect they won't do anything, so I say risk getting your wrist slapped.)

Congrats for blogging since 2008!

Alina said...

Congrats on 7 years of blogging! It's really impressive!

Paula said...

Actually those watering 'rules' are the same ones that apply to the town my Mom lives in. I guess they want you watering in the evening so it doesn't just evaporate?

Jane and Chris said...

Is there a head count each morning?!
Jane

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

We have the watering restrictions here, too, but we're allowed to water in the morning, which makes sense.

Congratulations on blogging for so many years. Here's to many more!

Gillian said...

I'm just a baby-blogger compared to you! The watering rules are a bit confusing. Does anyone check up that the rules are being complied with? What's the punishment for watering at the wrong time or on the wrong day???

Rachel said...

Congrats on your "blog"iversary! And I say water when you think it is best.

Rachel said...

Congrats on your "blog"iversary! And I say water when you think it is best.

Jenn Jilks said...

Linda is right: you're supposed to water in the am. Otherwise, the water sits and could be moldy!
We're in bed by then!!!!!
Lovely salad.
Glad you liked my Gillian GPS, sort of. I thought of you as I posted it. This clerk was hilarious. Our lawyer would make a statement, she would roll her eyes standing behind him and ignore what he said!
You didn't miss the baby info, I waited until they got their parcels, and I don't have photos! I predated the photos.

Craig said...

Happy anniversary! Stupid rules re watering - early morning is the best time to water according to the experts.
These people have too much time on their hands!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Happy Blog Anniversary!
We always water in the very early morning here but fortunately we don't have water cops!

One Family said...

Well that is just silly watering time limit. Early morning should be available too! Good for you for speaking up on it with them.

William Kendall said...

The fruit salad looks delicious!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Happy Blogaversary:):) Hug B

Betsy said...

Happy Blogoversary! Silly rules. I can understand the no afternoon rule because the water just evaporates but I always water in the early morning because a mold disease that I don't remember the name of can affect grass that's watered in the evening. At least that is what a lawn service told me when we lived in the Midwest. We're also in our jammies by 8 or 9 and I wouldn't want to be out watering the garden then.
That fruit looks yummy. Ah watermelon. I haven't had that since last summer. Now I think I may need to get some. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Ummmm you are eating summer fruit salad but you have frost on your annuals. Really!

Goodness, during the drought (which went on for many years) we were very restricted with our water. We lost all the ornamental gardens and lawns and they still havent recovered. Most cant be bothered doing it all again.

Scrappy quilter said...

Happy anniversary blogging. Wow there sure are some goofy rules. I am sure the country is sounding much better every day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary and House Anniversary!

Granny Marigold said...

Just today we got a notice that water restrictions ( same dates as yours) but our days are Wed. and Sat. and from 6 to 8 A.M. I also am an early riser but to get all my flowers watered before 8 ? I'll just make sure I get the front done ( in case they patrol our street) and water the back when I please.

Rose said...

It sounds like they want to control your every movement there....which is crazy. And some would argue that it is better to water in the morning anyway. At least water when there is plenty of daylight left. And yes, it is hard to believe you have been there a year. And I will say this, I really did miss it when you stopped blogging...so hope you never stop.

Summer said...

well done on your blog anniversary, that's a long time blogging! love that fruit salad...Yummy :)
I don't think I would want to be watering the garden at that time of the evening either!

McVal said...

Getting caught up! No water restrictions around here other than having to pay for it...
Happy Blogiversary!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated blogaversy wishes, a but late Gill. What a silly watering policy and watering at night is not onky inconvenient but not especially good for the gardens. Hope it gets sorted out with more folks complaining as well.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

All those wonderful blog posts and here I am a brand new reader! Enjoying cruising around and seeing your varied interests.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...