Monday, October 31, 2011

Didn`t get chance to post yesterday..........

my mother, brother and step-father arrived and I got the kids to pick them up as a surprise.  Which of course delighted my mother and step-father as they haven`t seen the kids in a number of years.

Fast forward to this morning and my brother decides to get into the shower at 5:30am.........would anyone care to put my brother up for the next three weeks....I have threatened him with bodily harm if he does that again.  One of the joys of an old house is that you can`t move around the house quietly!!!  So once one person is up everyone is up.

Took them to Tim Hortons the Canadian institution for lunch and me and my mam have been in the garden this afternoon while my brother slept on the sofa as he was tired..................no bloody wonder getting up at the crack of dawn.  The one thing my brother is doing though is walking Molly, so am happy about that, as it will do both of them the world of good!!!

Meanwhile, not complaining as they brought over piles of chocolates and great magazines!!!!  Just a shame the kids took most of the chocolates with them!!

9 comments:

that british woman s brother said...

oh the joys of a little brother

Stella Jones said...

It's always wonderful to see your family, especially if you can ignore all their annoying little habits!
Have fun.

The Witch said...

Gill,
What they took your chocolates!!!
I bet they where the good Cadbury kind the ones not available in Canada.
I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween together. Share the moment the time is precious.
Happy Halloween!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Gill, Visitors are so much fun. I always make sure I get up before they emerge, no matter what time it is. I know I can always get back into my routine when they have gone. Just think....isn't it better that you have people calling, than never seeing a soul?
Have fun...Maa

Rose said...

I might be tempted to turn the water off if my brother did that that early!

angela said...

Kids do that! I hope they left you some.
enjoy having the family over!

Clippy Mat said...

Have fun with your family and looking forward to hearing all about (and seeing pics of) the wedding. :-)

beagleAnnie said...

Gill,I love the beautiful photo of the header!

Janet said...

That did make me laugh , yes only cold water before 8am !!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...