Thursday, October 6, 2011

Book Review

"A Necessary Deception," by Laurie Alice Eakes

When young widow Lydia Gale helps a French prisoner obtain parole, she never dreams she will see him again. But just as the London Season gets under way, the man presents himself in her parlor. While she should be focused on getting her headstrong younger sister prepared for her entree into Society.


Discover a world of elegance and intrigue, balls and masquerades as Laurie Alice Eakes whisks you into the drawing rooms of London Society on this exciting quest to let the past stay in the past--and let love guide the future.


This was an okay book where the eldest sister gets involved in blackmail, spying and espionage.  Set in the early 1800's in Britain, I enjoyed the history of the book, but it was a bit long winded for me.  It seemed to go on and on for no particular reason.
Stars out of 5: 3 I didn't really enjoy it due to it being too long winded for me.  If there was nothing else I fancied on the book shelves I would read this book, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

1 comment:

Angela said...

It sounds interesting - I like that period in British history - maybe I should check it out. Trouble with 'long-winded' books is that I read them in bed, falll asleep mid-chapter, then cannot get back into the plot again!


thanks for the review anyway

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...