Friday, January 7, 2011

We have a date.......

November 5th, 2011 is when dd and her fiance will be getting married.  For those of you who are not British that is "Bonfire Night." So an easy day to remember, especially if you are British.

Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes night is when in November of 1605 Guy Fawkes was captured trying to blow up the Houses of Parliament in Britain.  Every year on November 5th, the British have a bonfire with an effigy of Guy Fawkes on the top and have fireworks and treats around the bonfire.  I don't remember going to many bonfires, but when I was young we would have gone every year; and I am guessing with all the Health and Safety concerns in Britain they probably don't allow many back yard bonfires anymore?

There is also a poem:

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

So now we have a date to work from.

Dh is off work and goes back on Tuesday.  We have the guy coming to do the eco-energy audit on Tuesday so we want to get the new basement insulated so we will hopefully get more money back from the Government.  Plus we have a hundred and one other things we are going to do as well.   It's going to be a busy few days, so if I don't visit your blog please forgive me, I will hopefully catch up with you all next week.

I also wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to anyone who has signed up under me for Swagbucks. Also if anyone is still confused or needs help with it please let me know.  Swagbucks is good for people living in the States, Canada and the UK.  So if you live in one of those countries you can benefit from it.

Here is my latest column for the Eden Valley Messenger as well.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Lovely news. You'll have to change Remember remember the fifth of November to suit your particular circumstances.

Karine said...

It sounds like a cheerful date for a wedding in Britain, to be sure! I sure hope the weather cooperates with you guys for the big day!

Tracey said...

Right, I will go & buy my hat in readiness! It will come round so fast (& expensive!) xx

Leiani said...

How wonderful that you have a date set, lots of wonderful planning to come. I look forward to hearing of the progress as the big day draws near. Am very happy for everyone.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the swagbugs offer I would definitely give it a try :)

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...