Friday, July 23, 2010

Thursday, a day off.....

I will admit I am shattered while I am writing this.  Thursday was a super busy day.  One of the jobs I got done was move last years logs from one end of the woodpile to the other end.


Before photo:

After photo:
I then weeded some of the flower beds, and then lit the fire on the firepit and trimmed trees and burned branches.  In between hands I did laundry and had lunch.  By this time it was 1pm.  So I then started to cut the field.  With the grass being so long it is taking me twice as long to cut.

I picked more raspberries, and then after supper spent just over an hour cutting more of the field.  I would have been out there longer but I knew I only had so much gas in the tank.  Friday it's going to rain, so I will have a day off from gardening.

Meanwhile inside the house hasn't been touched; no doubt you'll be able to write your name in the dust.....

I'll be glad to be at work on Friday so I can get a rest!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted just reading this post! Have a great (and relaxing) weekend Gill :o)

Rose said...

I got tired just reading what all you have been doing!

MyBulletinBoard said...

So, if you get more rain you get a day off from gardening, but the grass grows faster and stays wetter and has to be cut more. I just don't know about this equation. LOL Poor you!

Liz, The Republic

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill!! You continue to amaze me with all your energy!! Do you go to work just so you can get some rest? :-))

that british woman s brother said...

ousontenddust is a protective coating for furniture so dont worry

Leiani said...

I would hazard a guess that you felt a nice sense of accomplishment after a day like that!

Linda said...

Thanks for popping by Gill, it was lovely, thank you.

We are very excited today. Our old mower got overworked on our country property, which isn't that big, but the grass is horrible thick stuff. We got a old cheap one from ebay today, and will be cutting the lawn! Luckily it is not growing much atm, but it really should have had one more cut before the mower died lol.

mommanator said...

my dad had a saying about fire wood- it makes you get warm in so many ways-cutting it, stacking it burning it, removing the ashes etc

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have been way too busy. My theory with dust is that as long as it is sitting still, it doesn't bother me. It's only when I stir it up trying to dust that it makes me sneeze.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...