Wednesday, August 6, 2008

50 + 1 things to do with zucchini/courgettes

Well its that time of year where, whenever you look at your veggie garden another half a dozen zucchini have grown and are ready for picking. What do you do with them? Well here are some suggestions:

Now the number one reason for growing zucchini for me is to make carrot zucchini muffins.

2. Closely followed by chocolate zucchini cake.

3. Sliced and fried with garlic and onion, yummy and so simple.

4. Slice, batter and deep fry them.

5.Zucchini and Ham
quiche


6. Zesty Zucchini Bake

7. Stuffed Zucchini Parmesan

8. Zucchini Rice Casserole

9. Zucchini Yogurt Cake

10. Zucchini Snacking Cake

11. Zucchini Bread

12. Zucchini Cheddar Quiche

13. Zucchini Cheese Loaf

14. Zucchini & Pasta Soup

15. Zucchini & Chicken Skillet

16. Zucchini Apple Crisp

17. Canadian Zucchini Stroganoff

18. Zucchini, Sour Cream and Jack Bake

19. Zany Zucchini

20. Stuffed Zucchini

21. Orange Zucchini Cake

22. Fried Zucchini w/Tomatoes

23. Butterscotch Zucchini Bread

24. Zucchini "Crab" Cakes

25. BBQ Grilled Zucchini

26. Zucchini Chili

27. Cheesy Zucchini Crisps

28. Zucchini Lemon Muffins

29. Zucchini/Mushroom Soup

30. Zucchini Pasta Bake

31. Zucchini Pineapple Bread

32. Zucchini Provencale

33. Grilled Zucchini - White Bean Dip

34. Zucchini Pancakes

35. Stir Fried Zucchini

36. Zucchini Bread

37. Zucchini Pizza

38. Zucchini Spaghetti

39. Zucchini Patties

40. Zucchini Fritata

41. Zucchini Fritters

42. Zucchini Pineapple this is a weird recipe if you ask me????

43. Zucchini Cobbler

44. Crackling Zucchini

45. Zucchini Tart

46. Zucchini Medley

47. Zucchini Latkes

48. Zucchini Gratin

49. Thai Zucchini

50. Zucchini Mussaka

51. Zucchini Stew

So there is no need for you to say I don't know what to do with Zucchini!!!!

Next week, it's tomatoes.

16 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I can't wait to try these recipes. I remember having a recipe years ago but have lost it. If I tried I think I could do it without as it was pretty simple. Sliced zucchini lenghwise, bread it and fry in olive oil. This is one of those wonderful versatile vegetables and you have reminded me that we haven't had any in a while. I'm going to put it on my list. Great post as always :))))

Lib said...

Wow, I'll have to try all of these!Thanks for posting.:o)
I grate zuc. and use in place of meat for making spag. sauce. You can slice thin but I like the texture of grated.
HAve a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi TBW - did you try all those recipes and if so aren't you sick of zucchini? Now looking forward to tomatoes - all I can ever think of is green tomato chutney (and fried of course).

Love your blog.

A

CannedAm said...

I had a recipe for zucchini pizza. Grated zucchini was the crust/dough. No flour. Was going to try it as a low carb alternative and never got around to it. (made too much zucchini bread lol...NOT low carb!) You'll have to blog any of these recipes you use at home. I'm very curious :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

Anne, no I haven't tried all these recipes. I just wanted to find recipes for everyone, so they can find them if they want to use them.

Denise, sometimes the simple recipes are the best.

Lib, I had never thought of using them in spaghetti sauce.

Lane Mathias said...

Wow - fantastic courgette recipes. Perfect timing too as I was just looking for some the other day. Thanks!:-)

~Niki~ said...

wow, that's a lot of zucc ideas! hugs!

robin laws said...

wowzers! you have done all the work for us! this is great. i didn't even grow it this year for fear it would cover the entire house and we would be lost in a zucchini forest forever! this is a little like my list of ways to use rhubarb :)
xo

Cherie said...

LMAO! Did you see my hearth post today?

I NEED this post!

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic list, Gill. We like grilled zucchini best but I have zucchini bread ready to make next. The carrot, zucchini and apple muffins sound good, too.
Thanks for the heads up!

Heather said...

I love this list! And believe it or not you didn't even list my favorite way to use zucchini. Last year I found this recipe for relish and we love, love, love it. Tastes like the best pickle relish, but has no cucumbers in it! Give it a try if you have lots of zucchini to use up.

http://pagesbyheather.blogspot.com/2009/09/zucchini-relish.html

I can't wait to try some of these,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Hello thr, thanx a lot for this article .. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Erina said...

Here's another great way to use up zucchini.

Zucchini Pizza with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Olive Tapenade that is… http://wp.me/puWta-6x

vaibhav bahuguna said...

i like your blog actually i am very creative person and always look for new recipe to cook now i bookmarked your blog and keep on visiting for cooking some what diffrent.
thanx to you for such a great blog site

Shut Up and Cook said...

If you're like me, you're up to your eyeballs in zucchini right now.

I have no green thumb, so am not growing any myself, but friend after friend keeps arriving at my house making delighted declarations such as, "You like to cook! Here...have 5 lbs of zucchini!"

I've made zucchini bread, zucchini muffins, grilled zucchini, and quinoa with zucchini.

I was getting sick of Zucchini.

Fortunately an old recipe of Food and Wine had a YUMMY recipe for [b]Fried-Zucchini Spaghetti[/b]. This definitely defeats the purpose of it being healthy...but damn is it good.

http://wp.me/puWta-eY

What is everyone else doing with all their zucchini??!

Alex Rohan said...

It is always good to come back for delicious recipes.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...