Sunday, June 8, 2008

I hate to waste food, so.......

I decided that as that gingerbread was a bit dry that I made the other day, I needed to do something else with it. So I decided to make a trifle.

Cut up some of the gingerbread and put it in the trifle dish, scattered in some raspberries and poured on a raspberry jello.



I made a custard, using Bird's custard powder, however you can add a can of custard, or make a proper custard. I put mine in a jug, placed cling wrap right on top of the custard, to prevent a skin forming, and popped it in the fridge to cool.



When custard has cooled and the jello has set, pour custard on top of the jello/fruit/gingerbread mixture.



Now for the cream. For special occasions only whipping cream will do. However this is just an everyday pudding, so I will use what I have on hand, which in this case was a carton of Nutri Whip, which I got for free with my FOF (see sidebar for explanation). Cool Whip or Dream Topping will also do.



No trifle is complete without sprinkles, or thousands and ones, on the top of it. Funny thing is I was talking to the guys at work about sprinkles and I said I wasn't keen on them, but a trifle isn't complete without them.



Of course you have to have a taste test, just to make sure its okay for everyone to eat it.

Pleased to say its okay for everyone to eat!!!

No comments:

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...