Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

Makes a lot and is a super simple recipe. The original recipe came from the September/October 2000, Country Woman magazine, and I have been using this recipe ever since, so you know it must be a keeper!!!

The recipe says it makes around 8 dozen, I generally get around 6 dozen. They freeze great and you can half the recipe no problem

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

3 cups of butter or marg, I use the marg
3 cups packed brown sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
6 cups quick-cooking oats



In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer to mix this and it fits no problem. However you do need a large bowl, I have used a popcorn bowl as there is a lot of this mixture.



Sieve together flour and baking soda, and gradually add to the butter and sugar mixture.



Stir in the oats by hand, it is too much for the mixer.



Put heaped teaspoons of mixture on baking trays and flatten with your hand. Bake at 350 oF for approx 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.



Now a bit of a warning, if you are prone to heartburn, these cookies won't help the matter, so only eat a couple at a time, otherwise you will get chronic heartburn, been there done that as they say!!!!!

Now for an artistic shot of the cookies!!!

1 comment:

Sonshine said...

yummy!! I might just have to give these a try! :)

Great job on your accomplishment of 1000 hits! :) I have been doing my blog for a little over 6 months and I have over 17,000 hits but only a little over 13,000 vistors! Still I am amazed that I have had that great of success.

Thanks for stopping by!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...