Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Ikea

 I haven't been to Ikea in forever and a day.  We don't buy a lot there, but I do love looking around the place.  I mentioned back in January here, that I wanted to re-jig our closet.  After looking on the internet for suitable storage solutions, I found something I liked and that would work in Ikea.

So on Sunday morning we made the 40 minute drive to Ikea.  We arrived just after opening and it was nice and quiet as everyone was having the $1 breakfast.........or is it still $1?  I have no idea.  Regardless the restaurant area was super busy.

Ikea always has the quirkiest things don't they?  I took some random photos.

Didn't know Ikea sold hats made of plastic with their name on it?

It's the same material as the bags.  I guess they'll be waterproof if nothing else?
This display caught my eye.  Love the green and lemon colourway.
In the "Gamer's" section, yes they have a section dedicated to people who spend their lives gaming.  There was this neat head light that changes colour.  I caught it during it's "blue phase!"  A teen would love this,
These hands also caught my eye, especially as a way to hold your headphones.  It too was in the "Gamer's" section.
Now I did buy a couple of things.  These cookie scoops make sure each of your cookies are the same size.  I have always wanted some and at $7.99 they weren't too bad of a price.
I needed new plastic chopping boards and a two pack was around $3.
Hubby also found this cool bag, that will keep my frozen stuff cool when I am grocery shopping, again less than $3.  Also it's the same material as that hat!!
I picked up a couple of units for the closet and will show you them when we have finished the closet.  It's a long weekend this coming weekend as it's Family Day here in Ontario on Monday, so it will give hubby an extra day to get stuff done.  It's an easy job this closet, so should only take us a few hours to do.

Cleaning out the closet will be the longest job!!!  I need to be firm with my decluttering!!


7 comments:

Linda said...

I have never been to an Ikea store, so I always enjoy hearing about items. My cookies are never the same size. Maybe I need some of those scoops. The closet should be interesting. Now, you have an excuse to clean out the closet.

Joy said...

Good luck with all the plans - it'll be lovely when it's all done. xx

My Piece of Earth said...

Have been to Ikea in the past, nice to look around. I need those cookie scoops, so much better than the one I had. Look forward to seeing your new closet all neat and tidy.

slugmama said...

We spent Tuesday having a go through all of Hubs clothing and instituting a new system for clothes storage for him. He left his dresser in PA when we moved so has been using rubbermaid tubs to keep his closet in. I found a hanging storage holder that goes for $31+ on Amazon for $3 at Kroger grocery store which will make his clothing more accessible. He has lost a substantial amount of weight so besides the ratty things we are throwing away or turning into rags, he's got a nice pile for donation to add to my growing pile of clothes. I am still wading through my wardrobe and trying everything on. It's a process. lol
Not looking to upgrade the closet here as we will be moving but will be interested in seeing how yours turns out. ;-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Gil I so love IKEA. But now that I have moved the closest is 3.5 - 4 hrs either north or west. Same.
I buy a lot of their items and turn them into better things if you know what I mean. I took 2 of their billy bookcase and cut to length and put them on top of a cabinet. My husband put thick molding everywhere including crown molding on the top and people think this was oh so expensive. I just LOVE Ikea and could spend a day there. Now if only I had lots of $$$$

Margie from Toronto said...

I love IKEA and miss the shuttle bus that I used to catch from Kipling subway stn. pre=pandemic. We do have a fairly new downtown IKEA in Toronto - they have smaller Market etc. and the usual room set ups but there is no warehouse section - you order, pay and then pick up later or have items delivered. Oh and no cash - it is strictly credit or debit and mostly self-checkouts. Also - the restaurant is much smaller and rather awkwardly set up so not as much enjoyment as the regular shops.

PS - those hats are new - I've never seen them!

Linda said...

I have never been to Ikea. I suppose I need to start a bucket list...lol.
Practical Parsimony

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...