Saturday, February 3, 2024

Drunk Elephant, Sephora & Tik Tok

The other day I popped into Sephora.  I had never been in a Sephora store before.  One of the reasons I wanted to see what Sephora was all about, was that I am obsessed with flipping Tik Tok lately.  One thing I had seen a lot of was Drunk Elephant and how all the teens and tweens are obsessed with this brand.

We have a Sephora not far from where we lived, so while I was out running errands I decided to pop in.
I was greeted by a lovely girl called Anastasiia, yes spelled with two i's.  We got talking and she showed me the Drunk Elephant display and I could see exactly why it appeals to the youngsters, I even loved the display.  However if you click on this link you will see how expensive these products are.  A moisturizer can cost up to $84, shampoo at $36.50 and conditioner at $43.50.  How can people afford these prices, especially for kids?
Anyhow, she asked me what my skin care routine is, and I said, soap and water.  I feel though I should maybe take a bit more care of my skin on my face.  One thing she suggested was washing my face with a cleanser.  She tried out a couple of things on my hand and it turns out I am not a fan of too much perfume, it makes my nose itch.  So I asked for some samples to try out first before committing.  It does turn out though that Sephora will refund "lightly/gently" used items with receipt if it doesn't agree with your skin.

So I came home with the following samples, which funnily includes a sample of the Drunk Elephant.  Yes it is good for older people!

Sample A: Biossance Cleanser: Didn't like the smell, although it's aloe, it smelled of a woodland.  It went on very easily and left my skin feeling lovely.  I just can't get over the smell though.

Sample B: Skinfix:  This one had no scent which was good.  However, I didn't feel any difference in my skin, unlike the Biossance.

Sample C: Dermalogica: I didn't like the feel of this on my skin.  Light scent though so that was fine.

Sample D: Drunk Elephant: I can see why people like this, very smooth on my skin and a very light scent.  I honestly can't justify the price though.

If I could get over the smell the Biossance Cleanser was the best.  Going to keep on looking.

It turns out Sephora does have a limited number of other services it offers.  It also sells numerous other items including make up, hair products, perfume/cologne.  It would only be the skin care and hair care that I would be interested in though.  They do offer you a free gift on your birthday when you sign up on the website.  I signed up, as I am interested in trying out other things.
I saw this video online about Drunk Elephant dupes for a fraction of the price and found it very interesting.


You can read more about the Drunk Elephant story here.  I will say I do agree with the founder about having many issues with my skin which require multiple products to help those issues out.   I like how you can mix your own formulas together making it easier to apply.  What I do not like is the price.

Do you have skin care products that you swear by?

6 comments:

Linda said...

I went in there once, forgot what I bought. It seems they carry brands like Revlon, too.

Belinda said...

I’ve not been in one of their stores either and hadn’t heard of the Drunk Elephant brand. How nice that they gave you samples to try.

Patio Postcards said...

I've also wondered about the latest rage of teens for Sephora - now we know, thanks. I've been into Sephora once, it was a fun visit, purchased one product at an out rageous price; used as per instructions, saw no difference, but I continue to use the product to finish up as $87.46 was too much to not use to the end. "fool me once, shame on me ..."

Joy said...

I've never, ever heard of Drunk Elephant. SHowing my age, maybe? I've heard of Sephora but never visited one. xx

50 and counting said...

I've never seen a Sephora that wasn't inside a mall until today!

Cleansers? Neutrogena at the drugstore. PC used to have a cleanser (might even still have it) that was basically a dup of the Olay line. And much cheaper.

I really only shop at Sephora on line for my perfume that isn't easy to find. But then I discovered I can buy it on line direct from the company and get a tonof freebies with it.

Jackie said...

I would have to travel 2 hours before I hit a Sephora store. I know people that go there quite often from here. I have many other places to visit before I would think of going there. Thanks so much for the information on your trip there.

God bless.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...