Thursday, February 22, 2024

Popcorn

I purchased a Tupperware Popcorn maker the other week.  I LOVE Tupperware.  I am not obsessed with it, but do enjoy Tupperware and have been buying it for many years.  When I saw this come out I knew I was going to purchase it.  One of the upsides to this is that it microwaves popcorn without the need to use oil or butter.  So for one portion you need 2 tablespoons of unpopped popcorn, which is around 110 calories.

Another upside it flattens into itself.  Taking up less storage space.  This is it when collapsed.

In the bottom of the popcorn maker is a glass "plate" which you put your popcorn on.
It also comes with a lid, and below is when it is full height.
I tried it out and put it in my microwave for 2 minutes.
It turned out perfectly.
I sprinkled some of the this ranch style mix on top, but it wasn't that nice, I need to buy actual popcorn seasoning.
Overall it worked great and the portion size was perfect for a snack and low on calories.  

It wasn't cheap, but it will pay for itself over the years.  You can see it here.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I had a plastic popcorn popper of some kind and loved the popcorn with no oil and no flavor. Now, Tommy has the top of a plastic corn popper and uses it over an antique bowl. I am waiting for it to break. Have you tried plain garlic or onion powder, not salt? I will go look at the Tupperware popper.

angela said...

Years ago I bought an air popcorn maker. Supposed to be healthier as you don’t need an fats what so ever
Unfortunately not using any fate there is nothing for the salt to cling too lol You get used to eating salt free popcorn
That means two nasties are taken out of your diet

Belinda said...

Oh, I like that too and have always liked Tupperware. :)

My Piece of Earth said...

The Tupperware popper certainly is a healthier way to make popcorn and easy to store when not in use, what's not to like about it.
I am not a fan of popcorn.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I honestly didn't know that Tupperware was still available...interesting. I haven't seen it anywhere other than in thrift stores for years. Now you have me curious!

kate steeper said...

UGGHHH not available in the UK, something i would use lots , such is life

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...