Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Belated Christmas Present

My mother gave dh and I some money at Christmas I popped it in the drawer and promptly forgot about it.  The other day I remembered about it as I wanted to buy a smaller hand held carpet cleaner.  I have the big Bissel upright carpet cleaners but they weigh so much.  I keep it in the basement, so it's to drag upstairs when I want to clean the rugs.  I figured a smaller hand held one would be ideal for small spot cleaning.

As luck would have it this model was on sale at Canadian Tire for $99.99  So I saved $40 there, plus I had some Canadian Tire money saved up.  I bought a bottle of the cleaner as well, so all in all I paid around $105 for everything.

On Tuesday I decided to give it a go.  Followed the instructions to put together and it was super simple.
I decided to spot clean the rug where we sit.  I think I spilled some coffee on it and also this is where we walk to most.  This rug was from Pier One and expensive, so I want it to last a number of years.
As you can see, something was dirty!
I can still see a brown spot, so I need to clean it again.
However from a distance it's not too bad, and this photo shows the true colour of the rug.

Overall I am very happy with how this machine worked.  It weighs 9lbs when empty and probably 10 or 11 lbs when it has water in it.  I found it easy to use.  I will clean the rug again next week to see if I can get that brown stain out.  Will probably pre-treat it as well.

This will be perfect for cleaning the car upholstery as well.  



5 comments:

Linda said...

I love the color of the rug. That is a nice gift.
Practical Parsimony

angela said...

Ohhh it looks like a very handy piece of kit
You’ll have the best looking carpets in the land

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like a great buy - and even better that you didn't have to pay full price for it.

Jackie said...

We used to have the large one, but when it broke down got the smaller one and just love it. Cleans furniture very well also.

God bless.

Sharon said...

Oh nice! Glad it worked out well.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...